Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Best MBP Mouse?

Best MBP Mouse?
Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Mar 6, 2006, 04:40 PM

Looking to get a mouse for design work and gaming on my new MBP, 4 (or higher) buttons + wheel. Looking for one that looks great with a MBP, BT or wired doesn't matter to me. Any one seen one in there travels?

all2ofme
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 6, 2006, 05:39 PM

I have a Logitech MX1000 that I think's great. Looks good, too.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Mar 6, 2006, 05:40 PM

Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000

Good weight, comfortable to hold, super accurate, 5 buttons + awesome scroll.

Best mouse ever.

iREZ
Professional Poster
Mar 6, 2006, 05:57 PM

mx 1000 for when youre running a pseudo desktop setup. mx 900 for on the go OR if youre running a pseudo desktop setup.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

Star-Fire
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 6, 2006, 06:56 PM

I picked up this one, seems to work fine for me.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...lm=TG173LL%2FA

suta
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 7, 2006, 06:11 AM

RAZER Pro v 1.6

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2006, 07:48 AM

I've been using Apple's mighty mouse on my PB, but then I'm no gamer.

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2006, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by iREZ
mx 1000 for when youre running a pseudo desktop setup. mx 900 for on the go OR if youre running a pseudo desktop setup.
MX900 is Bluetooth, right? I noticed Logitech doesn't list it on their site anymore. Searching provides a link, but it's dead. I wonder if they're getting away from stand-alone bluetooth mice.

In any case, I'm interested in the MX900 so that I can have a solid mouse on the go (size isn't an issue-- I sometimes lug my MX510 around currently but I'd like to do without the clutter of wires).

Can you vouch for this mouse in OS X? I'm considering picking one up and was just concerned about the fact that logitech doesn't list it, it's a couple years old, etc. I don't want Apple's bluetooth mouse as I know people who have them and have had issues with them.
MacBook Pro: 2.16ghz, 2GB, 100GB@7200RPM

iREZ
Professional Poster
Mar 7, 2006, 01:24 PM

know what...i just realized that youre speaking of your macbook pro...with that said, the mouse will/should work fine, but i know for a fact that the software that comes with the mouse will not (i own an mx duo setup, and the software is no longer good on my intel imac). im almost 99% certain that your macbook pro will recognize the mouse and you'll be able to set up your expose buttons and have a left and right click along with the scroll wheel..but as of now, you wont be able to customize the actions of any button on the mouse, other than expose and dashboard as mentioned before.

edit...take a look here, lil dated but a good review none the less.http://www.barefeats.com/mouse3.html
( Last edited by iREZ; Mar 7, 2006 at 01:32 PM. )
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

Rumz
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2006, 01:39 PM

Honestly I have never liked Logitech's software-- never installed it for my MX510. As long as games recognized all the buttons I was fine with it. Being able to tie a couple buttons to expose would be awesome-- wish I had that on my Mac at work. But as far as the bluetooth side of things go-- no connectivity issues? In other words, is it at all glitchy? Or should the fact that it's wireless be transparent?

Edit: thanks for the link to the review-- I'll check it out.
MacBook Pro: 2.16ghz, 2GB, 100GB@7200RPM

shabbasuraj
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2006, 01:58 PM

Kensington.

Software is awesome.
blabba5555555555555555555555555555555555555

jrramsey
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2006, 06:22 PM

I just bought the Logitech V270 (Bluetooth). Pairing was easy. Wake up is perfect everytime. At 1000 DPI, it tracks very well. Many of the mouse are ultra tiny and, IMHO, not designed for humans. This is slightly smaller than a regular mouse, has the classic 2 button plus scroll/button, and slightly heavier due to the batteries. No software install required.

No info re battery life, yet, as I've only had it about 2 weeks. Only complaint (minor) is that the Bluetooth preference panel won't show the current battery condition...hmmmm...not sure whether to call Apple or Logitech.

Anyway, I really enjoy it's simplicity and ease of use/pairing.

Daveecee
Forum Regular
Mar 7, 2006, 07:31 PM

If you're going to use a Logitech mouse, I'd suggest USB Overdrive X over their software.

Velocity211
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2006, 09:48 PM

I use a mighty mouse at home (not recommended for anything), and on the go I use the apple wireless BT mouse. I would recommend the logitech MX1000, I use it on my desktop.
iMac 24" | Core 2 Extreme 2.8GHz | 4GB RAM | 500GB HD
PowerBook G4 15" HR | 1.67GHz | 2GB RAM | 100GB HD
R.I.P 1995 Toyota Supra NA-T

Forum Links
Forum Rules