Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Well August has come, Fido still sent no phone!

Well August has come, Fido still sent no phone!
krazeve2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2008, 04:00 PM

Well I ordered july 11th, were now into august still, no hide nor hair of a( iphone 16gb white )coming to my door soon. I'am patient some what but like wtf, is there really this much of a shortage on the damb things.

gradient
Mac Elite
Aug 1, 2008, 08:25 PM

there definitely isn't that much of a shortage. I ordered mine from Rogers on the 16th and got it on the 26th - a couple days later then their initial estimate but all in all not bad at all. A lot of people seem to have been having issues with delivery times, but most I think have gotten them without any hassle. It sounds more to me like the carriers aren't ready for the volume of orders, organizationally, and things are falling through the cracks.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Aug 1, 2008, 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear of your waiting. When did they tell you it would come? I know some people have been told that it would take 6-8 months to get their iPhone.

krazeve2  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 1, 2008, 08:54 PM

Still no actual time frame except they suggested around the 1-2nd of august, but obviously that was incorrect.

Burn
Forum Regular
Aug 6, 2008, 11:56 AM

Jump ship buddy. Do it. I got the same BS from Fido.. I made a cpl calls, went to a store and bought one from Rogers (same company anyway). 2 of the stores I am near downtown have both had them available in-store... and for more than an hour too.

I had been a Fido customer since 02-ish, but had to draw the line. They told me a cpl days for delivery when I ordered (launch week end), then a cpl weeks out (3), and then the final time I called, they were saying MID AUGUST. Looks like this is your case also.

The day I called to tell Fido I was gone (from the Rogers store), the CSR had the nerve to tell me my Fido iPhone shipped the day before (which was when I last spoke with them and got the mid-aug news). I checked with UPS. She lied. Unbelievable.

Anyway... had my phone for a cpl weeks now, loooove it! Sorry you are getting screwed.

B.

Forum Links
Forum Rules