Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Macbook/Pro Order tracking thread

New Macbook/Pro Order tracking thread (Page 2)
rmansfield
Oct 21, 2008, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Okay, finally scanned in KY. It now states that it'll be here tomorrow! So one day delay for me (originally scheduled for today). It'll give me time to do some housework tonight!
Mine is actually sitting just a few miles away from me tonight somewhere here in Louisville, Kentucky. Mike, I imagine yours and mine have travelled all the way together up until now since they were both on the cancelled flight out of Shanghai.

Today's been too busy anyway and I'm teaching until 10 PM tonight. The temptation would have been too great to let the class out early, so I'm glad mine is set to arrive tomorrow.

MikeD
Mac Elite
Oct 21, 2008, 06:08 PM

Education too huh?! I'm a high school teacher so I just arrived back at home. I too have too much on my plate for tonight to play (Well this week anyway). Your comp will be the brother to mine! here's to tomorrow!
2009 MacMini 2.0 C2D 4GB (3,1) - Needs update!
11" MBA (2010 1.6GHz C2D)
iPhone 4 / iPad!
Hooked on Apple since the IIGS

Hodog16
Oct 23, 2008, 12:02 AM

Ordered mine the evening of launch. FedEx tried to deliver today, but I was not here for signature delivery. My new MBP will be in my grubby hands tomorrow morning around 10:30 AM though !

MikeD
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2008, 12:18 AM

Whoo hoo! In today! Gotta transfer files now!
iPhone 4 / iPad!

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Oct 23, 2008, 12:38 AM

My Macbook came Monday (but tracking said Wednesday - crazy!) = unfortunately I'm sending it back as it has some MAJOR issues with crashes right out of the box and horizonal lines across the screen. It restarts itself on some crashes - a bit creepy. It always freezes on wake up too. New one should be here by Thursday. Can't wait!

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2008, 10:44 AM

Order status changed to 'Prepared for Shipment'… so still a week -minimum- to get it.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Oct 23, 2008, 09:35 PM

I just picked up my brand new MBP.

I was on the fence to spend the money, then it was going between the MB and MBP.

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought a MBP 2.53GHz. The GPU and screen size sold me on the MBP, though I do like the smaller form factor of the MB. I opted for the 2.53 since it had everything I wanted and saved me from needing to buy ram, another hard drive. The GPU had more memory and the CPU had 6meg of shared cache.

All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase. In a week or so, I'll be putting my old MBP up for sale but for now I'm basking in the light of a new computer
~Mike

Film Prof
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 23, 2008, 10:20 PM

Just ordered mine. MBP 2.8GHz with the 320GB 7200rpm drive. I also added a Mini Display to VGA adapter, so I can hook it to projectors in my various classrooms.

Estimated arrival is 11/4 - 11/11. Looks like going with the 7200rpm drive is making it take longer.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 24, 2008, 08:49 AM

Mine was shipped today. Estimated date to reach home is 11/4.

jaydon34
Senior User
Oct 26, 2008, 02:13 AM

purchased mines today from the local apple store. Its a gorgeous machine not much different than a standard macbook despite the trackpad.
myflickr : mytwitter : twentyonethirty
17" Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz 4gb 200GB HD: 8gb Iphone 3g: Hp Mini 1000 Netbook

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 27, 2008, 04:23 PM

Well, something is wrong with mine… It arrived to Germany from Asia and then went to Netherlands where an exception was shown as tracking status, NOW it is back to Germany -very same city- again. What gives ??

MikeD
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2008, 12:00 AM

Call UPS and ask them for something specific. Usually they can tell you something else or something that's a little more insightful than what's on the web site.
iPhone 4 / iPad!

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2008, 08:58 AM

Thanks Mike, well, no need for that, the MBP arrived… I don't know how UPS managed to do it this fast since yesterday was bouncing from Netherlands to Germany and in a matter of hours it was here in Spain. Anyhow, the mini display port - DVI adapter is M.I.A. I have phoned Apple about it so let see what happened to it… :/

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 28, 2008, 10:53 AM

Well, no worries, Apple is sending the adaptor… I guess they just messed that one.

Film Prof
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2008, 10:36 PM

Finally, my status has changed to "Prepared for Shipment."

I'm hoping it will get here before or by next Wednesday--I paid $11 for the 2-3 day shipping. I leave town next Thursday, and would really like to have it to bring with me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules