Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Explorer 5.1 resize

Explorer 5.1 resize
aloner
Feb 2, 2002, 09:08 PM

How can make Explorer 5.1 retain the size of the window when I exit the program?
Everytime I open Explorer 5.1, I need to resize the window to use the whole screen. Is there a way to tell Explorer to remember this setting when I exit the program?

Thanks

G-mac
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2002, 12:33 AM

I've wondered about this same question - anyone out there able to help us? Personally, sometimes the size stays where I left it when I start up IE, but other times when I start up IE the window is tiny.

TiG4
Forum Regular
Feb 5, 2002, 01:03 AM

Hello,

Internet Explorer remembers the last active window size before you quit the application.
Upon launching the IE application the next time, the window size will open to the stored setting.

As for maintaining a setting for a window size everytime it launches... I do not know the solution for that.
Gil
- It's not a sin to dance at a wedding -

ladybird66
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2002, 01:03 AM

When IE quits it seems to close all the back windows first, then the active one. Usually, anyway. Close any pop-up or ad banner windows before you quit, and let us know if that helps.
You are better off not knowing how sausages and laws are made.

Forum Links
Forum Rules