Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > RadTech ScreenSavRz & Wildeepz Pics & Impressions

RadTech ScreenSavRz & Wildeepz Pics & Impressions (Page 2)
AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 7, 2005, 06:54 AM

^ The later revs do indeed spring up very well. Apple has almost made the "eeps" not-as-necessary as before. However, I still recommend them if you're laptop will be in a tight sleeve/bag in which it was be "smashed up against" by textbooks, portfolios, notebooks, etc. The constant pressure forcing the screen down onto the keyboard is definitely not what you want to happen.

DekuDekuplex
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 7, 2005, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by spanties
Insufficient upward pressure? Ok I'm not entirely sure about that, but what happens on mine is that, when I press the button to release the catch, it springs up, So the question here is, do I really need one of these? Also, there's no chance of spoiling anything right ? Mine's a rev d pbk g4.
If your lid already springs up as soon as your press the button to release the latch, then you probably won't need one, unless you do something to press the lid too hard against the keyboard.

My PowerBook is a 17-inch G4 [Rev. A], purchased in April of 2003. It's not so new as yours, and my latch does not spring up when I open it, so I definitely prefer using the Wildeepz.

Incidentally, I also have been using a titanium Notebook ScreensavRz embossed with the logo "PowerBook," and a matching Sleevz™ embossed with the logo "PowerBook" on one side, and embroidered with my full name in script in silver on the other side, and have been very happy with both of them.

-- DekuDekuplex
( Last edited by DekuDekuplex; Jun 7, 2005 at 05:08 PM. Reason: to supplement information)
PowerBook® 17-inch [Rev. A] @ 1 GHz
512 MB RAM, 60 GB HD, AEBS, APP/PB
"Furuike ya, kawazu tobikomu mizu no oto."
-- Matsuo Basho

vdubski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2005, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by ricacu
i just recived my wildepz and screensavrz, the screensavr is great but i have a little concern about the wildeepz, i used the thick ones (i have 15al) and used the "3" in the install chart for the top feet. i noticed a little bowing on the screen when closed, can that be harmful for the screen? i can post pics if nescesary, thx once again guys
I also have a newer 15" 1.33ghz from Sept. 04 and with the thicker pads it caused the same bowing. I installed the thinner pads all around and it's now perfect. My screen closes evenly and never touches the keypad (I looked through the slit and was able to see out the other side). It even still has the same springy opening that it did before. With the thicker pads my latch was getting stuck.

vdubski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2005, 03:07 PM

deleted
( Last edited by vdubski; Dec 26, 2005 at 03:16 PM. )

vdubski
Fresh-Faced Recruit

deleted
( Last edited by vdubski; Dec 26, 2005 at 03:17 PM. )

vdubski
Fresh-Faced Recruit

deleted

vdubski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2005, 03:09 PM

deleted

vdubski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2005, 03:11 PM

deleted

vdubski
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 26, 2005, 03:14 PM

deleted

Forum Links
Forum Rules