Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > CPU Stand for G5

CPU Stand for G5
southtdi
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2003, 12:22 AM

Ok, I've searched all of the forums that it could be related to but I couldn't find any info. If this is in the wrong place I am sorry but I couldn't find exactly where it would go and it relates directly to the powermac.

I am getting a G5 and when I do I have to put it on the floor. The way my desk is designed I cannot place it on the desk and there is no place to put the cpu than under the desk. Are there any good CPU stands out there for the G5 yet? I realy need one that rolls and woudl prefer one that allows me to open up the computer without having to take it off of the stand. I use one for the windows box but I wouldn't want to subject the G5 to such an ugly stand. I would prefer one that is made specifically for the G5.

Disgruntled Head of C-3PO
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2003, 12:36 AM

Do NOT get the one from Mac Mice.
"Curse my metal body, I wasn't fast enough!"

southtdi  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2003, 09:09 AM

Can you elaborate on that one?

I have actually looked at it since it is simple yet seems like it would work well with the G5 case. I know Marathon is working on one but I have no time frame when it wil lbe availiable.

GreenwoodMO
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2003, 09:21 AM

Originally posted by southtdi:
Can you elaborate on that one?

I have actually looked at it since it is simple yet seems like it would work well with the G5 case. I know Marathon is working on one but I have no time frame when it wil lbe availiable.
The word going around is that the macmice.com site is not legit.

southtdi  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 15, 2003, 10:07 AM

Yeah, after reading the previous reply I decided to see if I could find a review of the product. I, instead, was brought to many various websites stating anything but ethical business practices. Amazing, that these people keep reforming new businesses and sell again.

JustinD
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2003, 01:39 AM

Criminal minded youth and blinded

http://www.jackwhispers.com/psst/index.php
*justin

Isn't logic swell? It gives answers without really answering anything!

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2003, 08:39 AM

Create a simple 4-sided box 20"deep and 12" inches wide. Carpet it with remnants from that room's carpeting or a different carpet of your choice. I actually bastardized some ol' speaker stands and created a beautiful stand. It looks something like a cat scratch utility, but it provides a very cozy perch for the G5. I used remnants from my recroom's carpeting and it looks like it was built-in w/ the home. G5 looks good on any surface though.
ebuddy

Forum Links
Forum Rules