Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Another BLACK PowerBook Ti

Another BLACK PowerBook Ti
BigBadBiologist
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 22, 2004, 11:24 PM

This thing was in horrible shape when I got it. The plastic outer edge was all cracked and the glue holding the plastic to the metal keyboard tray/palm rest was breaking away. The screen was busted (actually I still don't have the right scree). But at least it's in usable condition now!

macaddict0001
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2004, 01:54 AM

your a newbie so i'll tell you instead of getting angry this should have been in the other thread, but since it isn't it is considered redundant and will probably get locked. Oh and it looks better than the other ones. Is it having some sort of video problem, because by the looks of it the vram may be screwed.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2004, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by BigBadBiologist:
This thing was in horrible shape when I got it. The plastic outer edge was all cracked and the glue holding the plastic to the metal keyboard tray/palm rest was breaking away. The screen was busted (actually I still don't have the right scree). But at least it's in usable condition now! [/B]
Nice paint job, the apple logo really stands out.

I think this paint jobs stands out better then the first thread's He seemed to use a flatter paint.

I'm no mod, but I don't see the reason why this would get locked.

Mike

BigBadBiologist  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2004, 09:23 AM

Yeah, I didn't know whether to put this in the powerbook or the mods section. (but the other black powerbook thread was in here)

The screen isn't the right one. This is a powerbook 400 and I got a screen for a DVI model, so my laptop can't display the higher resolution.

The paint is automotive with clearcoat. I could probably buff it to get it a little shinier, but it's ok for now.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 23, 2004, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by macaddict0001:
Is it having some sort of video problem, because by the looks of it the vram may be screwed.
He already said the screen is bad.

Besides, that doesn't look like VRAM problems, it looks like a bad screen.

tooki

brapper
Professional Poster
Nov 23, 2004, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by tooki:
He already said the screen is bad.

Besides, that doesn't look like VRAM problems, it looks like a bad screen.

tooki
the screen is pretty bent at the top.
Also, nice paint job. I really like it and if I'm stuck with my Tibook much longer I'm going to consider doing that.
I'll get back to you with questions if that's the case.

BigBadBiologist  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 23, 2004, 11:34 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure why the top of the screen looks so bowed in the pic. It doesn't really look like that. The bezel is a little wavy, but that's because it's almost impossible to take apart the screen as the stupid thing is glued together. I've woked on laptops (and regular computers) for years and this has been BY FAR the most unfriendly machine I've ever worked on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules