Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Offical: Your Tiger order has shipped thread!

Offical: Your Tiger order has shipped thread! (Page 10)
Krypton
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by seanc
No Tiger for me yet either! It better come tomorrow, if not it better come on Monday! I don't care if it's a bank holiday or not, someone better deliver it or give me the keys to the TNT warehouse and vans!
TNT website says it's Allocated for Delivery and that they picked it up on 28.4.05.... that's it. I've got quick time 7 but I don't have Tiger to watch the seminar! Oh.. and the link to the seminar doesn't work.

Sean
I have the same status as yourself. I think as someone else said, it would all go much more smoothly if they just sent it Royal mail than all this courier nonsense.

dylanw
Apr 29, 2005, 04:08 PM

Mine shipped yesterday, and will apparently spend the weekend sitting in Newark, NJ. Do they do weekend delivery?

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 29, 2005, 04:09 PM

It deinately would have been a lot easier if it was Royal Mail, my local post office has shut down temporarilly for some unknown reason, so when we have to post parcels we have to go to the next village!
Why is it that couriers always try to deliver when you're not in, and never try to deliver when you are in?
Do TNT work on Saturdays? My fossils say they do, so i'm still hopeful! (By fossils I mean my mum and dad, no I don't speak to antique pieces of rock!)
TNT must be making some money along with Fedex with this release.
The strange thing I find about this delivery is that TNT called yesterday to ask if they could deliver today, and they didn't!

Sean

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 29, 2005, 04:11 PM

On a positive note, Apple just sent me the correct link for the seminar!

DarwinX
Apr 29, 2005, 04:16 PM

It arrived at 12:30 today and I am finally able to write in full Tiger goodness. For those without, I hope it comes soon! So far so good.

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 29, 2005, 04:21 PM

watching the seminar with quick time 7 in Panther... one step closer to Tiger

rlmorel
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2005, 04:36 PM

My email today from the Apple Store...

Dear
(BENT OVER A LOG AND PANTS DOWN PERSON)
Valued Apple Customer ,

We appreciate your recent Apple Store Order XXXXXXXXX

Due to an unexpected delay
(OUR POOR PLANNING)
, we are unable to ship the following
item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

M9779LL/A, ILIFE'05 RETAIL-USA
will now ship on or before 04/29/2005

M9640Z/A, OS X V10.4 "TIGER" RETAIL FAM PACK-INT
will now ship on or before 04/29/2005

Please note that product availability
(OR ANY OTHER EXCUSE WE CAN THINK UP)
can change rapidly, and it is possible that your order may ship much sooner than we anticipate
(OR A LOT, LOT LATER THAN YOU EVER EXPECTED).
You may even receive a shipment confirmation between the time we send this
email and the time that you read it
(NOT THAT IT WILL DO YOU ANY GOOD SUCKER).

If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it
is shipped
(BUT IF YOU DO, WE WILL BE DAMNED SURE TO SHIP YOUR ORDER IN THE MINISCULE TIME FRAME IT TAKES TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND AND CANCEL IT)
, and receive a prompt refund
(AFTER YOU ARE SODOMIZED FOR AN UNSPECIFIED TIME INTERVAL BY VARIOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE MONKEYS)
, by calling us at 800-676-2775
ext-56500 Mon-Fri 7am-10pm, Sat-Sun 9am-6pm (Central).

If we do not hear from you,
(AND EVEN IF YOU DO CONTACT US) we will continue processing your order.
You will receive an email notification once your order has been
shipped.

We encourage you to visit http://www.apple.com/orderstatus or
http://store.apple.com/ and click the "Your Account" button to view
the status of your order
(AND CLICK UNTIL YOUR STUPID ARTHRITIC DIGIT SEPARATES FROM YOUR BODY FOR ALL THE GOOD IT WILL DO YOU)

We appreciate your business
(THANK YOU FOR LETTING US HAVE FREE USE OF YOUR MONEY)
and apologize for any inconvenience
(DIDN"T BOTHER US ONE BIT)
this delay may have caused you. Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store!

This was the email I got today...

Seriously, I'm not all THAT bent...I just thought this would be funny...

"An argument isn't just saying 'No it isn't'!" "Yes it is!" "NO IT ISN'T!"

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 29, 2005, 05:04 PM

my copy of tiger hasnt shipped out yet either... it was supposed to ship today.. i guess they still have 4 or so hours to ship it out. .but that would mean i would get it on monday or tuesday. this is terrible. why would i order something weeks ahead if i cant even use it the day its released..
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 29, 2005, 05:17 PM

ok just called apple. they "ran out" and are "doing their best" to get the orders out as soon as possible. they said i should expect it sometime next week.. either tuesday or wednesday. this is so dumb.

you should just be able to pick up the up-to-date tiger from a local apple store.
Dell 2408WFP

Buck_W
Senior User
Apr 29, 2005, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by dylanw
Mine shipped yesterday, and will apparently spend the weekend sitting in Newark, NJ. Do they do weekend delivery?
The plot thickens. I just got off the phone with Fed Ex and they said that my order was shipped yesterday (two-day delivery) and that it was currently in Newark, NJ, that it was not scheduled to arrive at my destination until Monday, May 2.

That prompted me to call Apple and ask why (while on hold I listened to the message that all those who ordered by 4/26 would receive Tiger by 4/29). The rep from Apple said that Fed Ex was having trouble with their computer system, that Apple was in contact with them about it, and that I should still receive Tiger today. At almost 5:20 on the East Coast, I have my doubts.

Somebody dropped the ball. . . it is now becoming almost entertaining as we watch the companies blame each other. . . what a joke!
17" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 320G HD | 8 GB RAM | 10.10.3

pete
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 05:26 PM

I'm afraid I don't have much faith that we'll be getting it today here in NYC. It IS a joke. And a mess. Oh well, it's just software and by next week we'll know more of the problems and hopefully can avoid them....

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2005, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by pete
I'm afraid I don't have much faith that we'll be getting it today here in NYC. It IS a joke. And a mess. Oh well, it's just software and by next week we'll know more of the problems and hopefully can avoid them....

i got mine (lower manhattan)

the fedex guy said some guy in glasses & a trenchcoat, with sandy hair, calling himself "Bill G", has been going around to the fedex drivers and giving them $10 each to stall the delivery of apple packages....
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

jdparkinson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 05:40 PM

I am in the same boat here in NYC. I ordered mine on the day it was releaseed at 9:42 AM and it still has not arrived as of 5:30 PM on 4/29. FedEx says it is still in Newark but Apple says it will be here today by 7 PM. I cannot comprehend that a company as large as Apple cannot ensure distribution to NYC of all places. I don't live in Idaho (or Australia or the UK for that matter). People ordered their's a few days ago and already have it. Poor, poor logistics I tell you. Why would Apple drag their feet on getting this out to people? They've known about me and my order for weeks.

www.darkshapes.com

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2005, 06:05 PM

Oh arse even more. I was planning on buying it tomorrow from somewhere and returning what I'd ordered online if/when it eventually arrives. Unfortunately Apple will charge me �30 for the privilege. I've checked distance selling regulations and they can do that (although �30 is a bit extortionate). Perhaps I can refuse delivery? Will investigate further...

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by asodamiac
ok just called apple. they "ran out" and are "doing their best" to get the orders out as soon as possible. they said i should expect it sometime next week.. either tuesday or wednesday. this is so dumb.

you should just be able to pick up the up-to-date tiger from a local apple store.
You have got to be kidding. I will be really pissed if my up-to-date doesn't ship today. I have seen nothing from apple saying that there will be a delay, and my status is STILL PROCESSING at 7:15 EDT.

I realize that I only paid $10 for something that most paid $129 for, but apparently that makes me (and all the rest of the up-to-daters) second class citizens. If they really ran out, they must be a bunch of idiots for not anticipating the demand for this thing. It has been a LONG release cycle, so they should realize that everyone is champing at the bit to get the new one.

And the "local apple store" is probably out too, plus they are a 2-1/2 hr drive from me.

"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

BrunoBruin
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by rlmorel
If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it is shipped
(BUT IF YOU DO, WE WILL BE DAMNED SURE TO SHIP YOUR ORDER IN THE MINISCULE TIME FRAME IT TAKES TO MAKE UP YOUR MIND AND CANCEL IT)
Post of the Day.

My copies also appear to be in Newark. Why do I get the feeling that Apple was so panicked about the possibility that someone might get Tiger five minutes early that they shipped it at the last possible moment, and it blew up in their faces? I mean, for two-day shipping, should the boxes not have gone out WEDNESDAY - and not, as I suspect, so late on Thursday they missed a cutoff at FedEx? Even if FedEx's tracking isn't being updated, there's no way a package could get from Newark to me on the same day.

Meanwhile, my campus computer store has copies in hand, but would not release them until 6... and they closed at 4:30.
"I'm an award-winning creative, the rules of society no longer apply to me."

talisto
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 07:31 PM

I just noticed my up-to-date order has been shipped. Yaay!

pete
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 08:04 PM

Well, as expected, no delivery today. And Apple's website still says processing shipment - for the 4th or 5th day. That's exactly it: they were so afraid that somebody might get it early that they waited until the last moment - and ****ed up. Simple as that.

rlmorel
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 29, 2005, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by BrunoBruin
Post of the Day.

My copies also appear to be in Newark. Why do I get the feeling that Apple was so panicked about the possibility that someone might get Tiger five minutes early that they shipped it at the last possible moment, and it blew up in their faces? I mean, for two-day shipping, should the boxes not have gone out WEDNESDAY - and not, as I suspect, so late on Thursday they missed a cutoff at FedEx? Even if FedEx's tracking isn't being updated, there's no way a package could get from Newark to me on the same day.

Meanwhile, my campus computer store has copies in hand, but would not release them until 6... and they closed at 4:30.

Heh, thanks...it felt good to write it. I am one of those who does the install on day one regardless...but hey...I am listening to Bob Dole's book "One Soldier's Story" on my iPod, and...it is too hard to get too upset about my order not being here today...I picked a good time to listen, gives me perspective...

"An argument isn't just saying 'No it isn't'!" "Yes it is!" "NO IT ISN'T!"

[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 08:08 PM

So I just got off the phone with Apple. Evidently Steve advised them to keep feeding people the standard line "It will be delivered today". The customer service rep advised me that Fedex delivers until 8PM - It is now 8:04PM and guess what - no Fedex trucks are crusing down my street. What a joke - I order the software the day it gets anounced, then read about all the third party retailers that shipped it out last week. Apple has had plenty of time to figure out how long it would take to get it to my house - but evidently I will be waiting until at least Monday. Time to fire up an email to Cupertino and express how happy I am. BTW - Apple's support line is open until 10PM - if you are not happy about not getting your order, I would encourage everyone to let them know. Tigerless and ticked off!

GreenwoodMO
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2005, 08:17 PM

My S X V10.4 "TIGER" UP-TO-DATE-INT order just changed from Processing to shipped and it shipped via US Postal Service. I would guess it will show up the middle of next week.

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2005, 08:24 PM

Well, as expected, no delivery today. And Apple's website still says processing shipment - for the 4th or 5th day. That's exactly it: they were so afraid that somebody might get it early that they waited until the last moment - and ****ed up. Simple as that.
You know what that is so true. They waited too long to ship. It sucks. I'm gonna phone Apple UK tomorrow just to see if I can lodge a complaint. If I'd known they couldn't get it here on time I could have just bought it somewhere else.

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 08:58 PM

Well it looks like my Up to Date order has finally shipped. I am not sure exactly how to tell what shipping method they used. I didn't get any email confirmation yet. It doesn't show any tracking numbers either (the thing on the side just says "bestway").

sokukodo
Apr 29, 2005, 09:29 PM

I ordered mine 15 April and am still waiting ...
Richard T.
1st generation G5 Dual 2Ghz w/ 8 Gigs of RAM;
ATI Radeon X800 XT
20" Cinema Display

pete
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 09:49 PM

So, Apple DID ship my order yesterday, but since they shipped it fedex second day, there was NEVER a chance that it would arrive on time as they promised. So much for the "all customers who ordered by April 26 will receive their orders on April 29"....

Apr 29, 2005 8:10 pm

Left FedEx Sort Facility

NEWARK NJ

9:44 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

NEWARK NJ

Apr 28, 2005 11:39 pm

Left FedEx Ramp

MIDDLETOWN PA

11:37 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

MIDDLETOWN PA

10:32 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

MIDDLETOWN PA

9:14 pm

Pickup status

MIDDLETOWN PA

Pre-routed meter pkg picked up

songoku912
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2005, 09:57 PM

Whats with the Tiger NYC orders? I am in the same boat, didn't receive Tiger today, oredered day of announcement. Incredibly disappointed Apple.

songoku912
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2005, 09:59 PM

So, Apple DID ship my order yesterday, but since they shipped it fedex second day, there was NEVER a chance that it would arrive on time as they promised. So much for the "all customers who ordered by April 26 will receive their orders on April 29"....

Apr 29, 2005 8:10 pm

Left FedEx Sort Facility

NEWARK NJ

9:44 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

NEWARK NJ

Apr 28, 2005 11:39 pm

Left FedEx Ramp

MIDDLETOWN PA

11:37 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

MIDDLETOWN PA

10:32 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

MIDDLETOWN PA

9:14 pm

Pickup status

MIDDLETOWN PA

Pre-routed meter pkg picked up
Pete, exactly the same situation here. Absolutely frustrating.

Buck_W
Senior User
Apr 29, 2005, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected]
BTW - Apple's support line is open until 10PM - if you are not happy about not getting your order, I would encourage everyone to let them know. Tigerless and ticked off!

osxisfun
Apr 29, 2005, 10:09 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7629770/

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Insurgents set off at least 17 bombs in Iraq on Friday, killing at least 50 people, including three U.S. soldiers, in a series of attacks aimed at shaking Iraq�s newly formed government. Iraq�s most-wanted terrorist, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, also purportedly threatened more violence in an audiotape on the Internet, warning President Bush that there was more bloodshed to come.
Get some perspective folks...

This happened to me when 10.1 shipped and somehow i managed to live....

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 11:10 PM

Well, it's installed. No real difference from what i can see. Everything's snappier.

milhous
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2005, 01:19 AM

watching the seminar with quick time 7 in Panther... one step closer to Tiger
yep, i'm in the same position as you are. was surprised to see ken bereskin again, i don't think we've seen him around since back in the jaguar days.

at any rate, tiger did NOT come to me as promised and my order should be arriving on the 2nd.

i'm going to have a few words with apple on monday about this. i placed my order on the 12th, sixteen days before the official launch and they can't even deliver on time, doesn't matter who's fault it is.

completely unacceptable and inexcusable.
( Last edited by milhous; Apr 30, 2005 at 02:14 AM. )
F = ma

b-real
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 30, 2005, 01:42 AM

My Tiger UTD has shipped via US Postal Service. While I didn't expect it to be sent FedEx, it would have been nice for Apple to have shipped the disc a couple of days earlier so that I would have received it today. Oh well.

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 30, 2005, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by spiff72
Well it looks like my Up to Date order has finally shipped. I am not sure exactly how to tell what shipping method they used. I didn't get any email confirmation yet. It doesn't show any tracking numbers either (the thing on the side just says "bestway").
mine shipped too. when i check the order status through apple, they used USPS to ship. no tracking (USPS tracking isnt too great anyways). if they shipped from CA, it should be here by tomorrow, but the sales rep. said i should expect it tuesday or wednesday.

speaking of the sales rep., each time i called i got a different answer. do they just pull answers out of their asses?
Dell 2408WFP

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2005, 04:41 AM

The TNT site now says mine is out for delivery. 07:35 30 APR 2005
It's now 09:37 so hopefully it will get here today.

I found a way to get a lot more information from the TNT site,
I think the shipping must be international.
Go to tracking, on that page click track international shippments, the enter your number, and you'll get a page up with the information. There should be a few lines of text down the bottom saying where it's been and what it's doing.

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2005, 05:17 AM

The TNT site now says mine is out for delivery. 07:35 30 APR 2005
It's now 09:37 so hopefully it will get here today.

I found a way to get a lot more information from the TNT site,
I think the shipping must be international.
Go to tracking, on that page click track international shippments, the enter your number, and you'll get a page up with the information. There should be a few lines of text down the bottom saying where it's been and what it's doing.
I found that too. More info with my reference number than the consignment number. Mine still shows up as being in Manchester. Not out for delivery.

I spoke to Apple and asked them should I go out and buy a copy today will I have to pay for return of the purchased online items. They said no. They also recorded it as an actual complaint.

I know it's not the end of the world and I'll survive, but it's still poor service. It still meant my girlfriend waiting in all day for it not to arrive. Which meant I then had to deal with her in a mood.

Noonster
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2005, 05:31 AM

Well it arrive yesterday as it said and i installed it last night - no probs at all
MacBook • 13.3" MacBook Aluminum Unibody, 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 250GB
iMac G5 • 20" iMac G5, 1.8GHz, 1GB, 160GB, SD, AP, BT/KB/MS
iPod Mini • Silver, 4GB
iPhone 3G • Black, 16GB

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2005, 05:35 AM

Well mine got to Nuneaton on the 27.4.05 and only went out for delivery at Stanstead at 07:35 today. My question is: What's it doing in a van near Stanstead?
I want it in a van near Over in Cambridgeshire!
I could have gone out to pcworld and bought one today, but with all the hype, I thought they might sell out so I thought that the best option would be to pre-order and get it on the 29th -- wrong!
If Apple can create a top of the range OS, why can't they get it delivered on time? It would have made sense for it to go out on the 25/26 4.05 then it would have been here yesterday if not earlier.
I guess I shouldn't have watched the seminar, it's made me want it more!
I wonder what the music would be when you do a clean install? Eye of the Tiger would make sense.

Sean

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 30, 2005, 06:10 AM

It's here! Now to install it!

Krypton
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2005, 06:23 AM

Mine just arrived! (up-to-date version, and it requires a previous os x installation of 10.3)

Installing now

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2005, 06:49 AM

Aargh. I shouldn't keep reading this thread. I'm glad you guys have got it. Had a confirmation email off Apple saying "We are pleased to report you're order has been dispatched for delivery on Tuesday". Well it matches with what TNT said. Can't say I'm pleased though.

Still hoping to get to Manchester to pick up a copy. Fingers crossed..

dylanw
Apr 30, 2005, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by dylanw
According to FedEx, mine just left Franklin, MA half an hour ago, probably for Boston. I wonder if they would let me come pick it up.

Buck_W
Senior User
Apr 30, 2005, 08:36 AM

I spoke with Apple one final time last night and the rep finally acknowledged there was a problem (with on time delivery for many), but continued to fall back on the fact that they didn't know whether the problem was with them or Fed Ex. But he explained that Apple would be taking full responsibility and offered me either a free iLife, iWork or $30.00 off on my next purchase from the Apple Store.

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2005, 09:59 AM

Mine was ordered day after it was announced, using edu pricing, and it arrived 1 hour before promised at 3:30 yesterday... worth the wait, yes... but contains some bugs that I'm sure will be worked out by 10.4.1
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2005, 11:15 AM

Well, I am extremely mad right now about this situation.

When I placed my order, I had my work address chosen as the shipping address. I didn't intend for this, but I figured it would be no big deal.

As it turns out, however, since Apple shipped the Up-to-date items via USPS, I am screwed. The shipping address for my work is a FedEx/UPS address ONLY. We don't have a postal mail box, and all postal mail is supposed to go to our main building a few miles away. As a result, the post office is most likely going to send it back to Apple as undeliverable. I called customer care to see if I could place another replacement order, and they said that i was only eligible for one.

The thing that really pisses me off is that when I called on Friday morning, they said it would ship out via 2-day UPS or fedex.

The agent told me today that since this will be a "surprise return", it will take about 2 weeks for them to process it after they get it back. Then they will re-ship via overnight service.

I will have to wait for about 3 #%$%#$#%#^ weeks or more if the postman returns it....

I am hoping that MAYBE the post office will leave it at work anyway, but I am not holding my breath.

I think I might call them back next week and scream some more and see if they will do anything about it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - no Tiger.

oexecbmug
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2005, 11:26 AM

"Aargh. I shouldn't keep reading this thread. I'm glad you guys have got it."

My friend ordered from OWC and just received email saying 'sorry but will ship out by the 5th'

I sugggested buy copy at store then return OWC item when it arrives for refund - i.e. if he is real need of Tiger.

As for me - I ordered a new PowerBook yesterday and it is expeced to arrive with tiger installed by the 4th.

But then again i have waited a year for new PB and at present using 10.3.9

oexecbmug
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 30, 2005, 11:29 AM

P.S. my join date of May 2001 is the date of iBook that i am typing on.

I can even wait till the 5th.

asodamiac
Senior User
Apr 30, 2005, 11:52 AM

that sucks spiff. hope things work out. they wont let you cancel and order again? that would probably be a lot faster. it was their fault, so they should be able to make exceptions.
Dell 2408WFP

Chris Grande
Senior User
Apr 30, 2005, 12:47 PM

They shipped mine late on Thursday as well... started in PA.. then to NJ then to CT. Its Sat now and its sitting 15 minutes from my house. I called FedEx to see if could just pick it up but since its "Containerized" - her words. I would wait for it to ship Monday or I could PIckUP on monday but Apple would have to authorize that. This is the first time Apple has ever screwed up any of my orders. Hell when one of my laptop feet came off I called ApplCare at around 1pm the next day the replacements arrived from CA!

Bummer... well it will be here Monday.

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2005, 12:58 PM

A Happy Ending - Got to the Trafford Centre. I've got Tiger (Only a single user license was available, I had ordered a family pack, but that's tough for Apple, I'll consider it my compensation!). Managed to install in on my powerbook on the journey home- Yay!

My girlfriend got some make-up

My daughter got a sword a shield (so she can be a leopard hunter apparently)

Everybody's happy

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2005, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by asodamiac
that sucks spiff. hope things work out. they wont let you cancel and order again? that would probably be a lot faster. it was their fault, so they should be able to make exceptions.
I called them back after stewing over it for a while, and told them I wanted them to override the system and send me another copy, and I would send back the "original" when I get it.

They claim to have a special agreement with the shipper (the post office in this case), where they will deliver to a facility that doesn't even have a frickin mailbox!!! What a crock of sheet. They said I should call back on Tuesday if I haven't gotten it by then and ask to speak directly to a supervisor to make other arrangements.

We shall see. I am 98% sure they won't deliver it, but there is a remote possibility, I guess. The mailbox has only been gone for 3 years or so.

Forum Links
Forum Rules