Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Offical: Your Tiger order has shipped thread!

Offical: Your Tiger order has shipped thread! (Page 11)
sworthy
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2005, 02:25 PM

though I got an email saying "your order has been unexpectedly delayed," and my order status was never updated past "processing shipment" it arrived last night for me!

Buck_W
Senior User
Apr 30, 2005, 04:40 PM

17" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 320G HD | 8 GB RAM | 10.10.3

UnixMac
Mac Elite
Apr 30, 2005, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Buck_W

Interesting how most people associate Mac with liberals, and artsy types.. but yet, Rush & G.W. both use Mac.

wonder how Rush got the Golden Master? Apple surely approved since he's bragging about it on the air.
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

ajprice
Professional Poster
Apr 30, 2005, 04:48 PM

Saturday April 30th 21.45. OS X Tiger ordered

It'll be much easier if you just comply.

asodamiac
Senior User
May 2, 2005, 09:37 PM

still no tiger = very mad asodamiac.
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

DeRobeHer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 2, 2005, 10:09 PM

I emailed Apple today, and compained very politely that I hadn't yet received my copy of Tiger as of 11am this morning. When they replied, they appologized, and offered me a free copy of iLife or iWork as a gift. I took them up on the iWork offer, and it should arrive any day now. Tiger arrived via FedEx around 1pm.
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
May 2, 2005, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by asodamiac
still no tiger = very mad asodamiac.
You ordered up to date, right?

It can take up to 10 business days! Sheesh. The price I pay for being cheap (and not paying attention to the shipping address)...

I found out today (after my UPS/FEDEX only shipping snafu), that there is an FAQ for the upgrade:

www.apple.com/support/store/uptodate.html

Apparently it told me there that the items would be shipped USPS (but I don't remember seeing any express shipping option). I wish it said something about that in the shopping cart.

I called again, and emailed and asked if they would just re-ship it when it is returned to them...

I am waiting for a reply.
"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

FoxInSox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2005, 02:01 PM

They shipped mine (Up-to-date) by USPS Friday, but it still wasn't in today's mail.

Arghhh. I need (ok, just want) it now!

ajprice
Professional Poster
May 3, 2005, 02:18 PM

OK, ordered on Saturday, now Tuesday, still no sign of anything from Computer Warehouse, not even an order confirmation. I've sent an email asking if my order is ok because I haven't heard a peep from them . And yes I know its been a bank holiday Monday, but still...

macminime
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2005, 04:22 PM

I ordered via the Up-To-Date program and FINALLY got it in the mail today! Came with an iWork trial version and it looks as though the Tiger install disk is the same one that will be shipping with systems that have Tiger pre-installed. Can't wait to get home and rev up my mini....

macminime
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 3, 2005, 04:24 PM

Oh, and I noticed Apple shipped it via Media Mail, which all ebayers should recognize as the WORLD'S SLOWEST METHOD OF SHIPPING. Funny on my order status, it had shipping type as BESTWAY. Bestway my eye...You'd think for 9.95 they could ship it priority, seeing as it's sent in a manilla envelope.

selowitch
Mac Elite
May 3, 2005, 04:55 PM

I was disappointed to find one of those missed delivery attempt notices from UPS when I got home from work (esp. since it was via 2-day delivery from Amazon), so my son and I went into town (pop. 7,000, give or take) to wait at a known later stop for our driver. After wandering for almost an hour, we turned back, dejected, to head home when my seven-year-old spottted the big brown truck!

I'm not sure whether the driver saw us first or we him, but by the time he stopped around a nearby corner and we had come running up, he already had my Amazon box in his hand and a big smile on his face.

I now have Tiger. Whooopeeeee! Can't wait to install. Gotta back up my existing drive on the iBook first.
( Last edited by selowitch; May 3, 2005 at 05:08 PM. )

asodamiac
Senior User
May 3, 2005, 09:23 PM

just got tiger in the mail. doing a clean install right now.. came in a padded envelope.. how cheap can you get..
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

ajprice
Professional Poster
May 4, 2005, 09:44 AM

Had confirmation of order, is being posted today, and will be received tomorrow!

ajprice
Professional Poster
May 6, 2005, 03:36 AM

Package received yesterday, had a quick look in the box lastnight, and I'll be installing it and sorting it out this weekend!

wulf
Grizzled Veteran
May 6, 2005, 04:02 AM

Feels like after a marathon, where the last stragglers are still running the course days after the rest have gone home.

Anyone else still waiting for their copy?

ism
Grizzled Veteran
May 6, 2005, 06:14 AM

My pre-ordered copy is still in a warehouse in Manchester waiting for TNT to deliver it (according to their tracking). That's a week late now. I'm glad I didn't wait for it and went and bought another copy from a shop. I just need it to be delivered at some point so I can return it to Apple to get my money back!

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
May 6, 2005, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by wulf
Feels like after a marathon, where the last stragglers are still running the course days after the rest have gone home.

Anyone else still waiting for their copy?
Yeah, I am still waiting because I put my work address on the up-to-date order, and they shipped them postal mail instead of UPS/FedEx. As a result, it is going to be returned to sender, Apple will lose it in their warehouse, eventually resend it (hopefully to my home address), and then I will probably get it around the time that 10.4.2 is released...

Maybe this is a good thing, though...seems there are some bugs floating around out there...
"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

FoxInSox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 6, 2005, 12:44 PM

Mine arrived.

Installed in 16 min! Lovin' it so far!

ajprice
Professional Poster
May 6, 2005, 04:52 PM

Tiger is now installed and running! Good so far, I'm sure I'll have questions as I get into it though.

ism
Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2005, 04:55 AM

Just for kicks:

Yesterday I had a phone call (after a few phone calls back and forth) from TNT saying that they had arranged for my pre-order to be sent directly back to Apple. Seeing as how it was now over two weeks late! So glad I went out and bought it again on the 30th April.

Forum Links
Forum Rules