Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Offical: Your Tiger order has shipped thread!

Offical: Your Tiger order has shipped thread! (Page 9)
cube-dude
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 29, 2005, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by cube-dude
Today my 04/14/2005 06:01 PM PST edu went from Processing Order to Preparing Shipment.
That was 4/26. Today, Tiger Day, my order is still "Preparing Shipment".

Oy freaking vea. Why, Steve, why?

MP 2 x 2.8 and etc.

v.noir
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 07:34 AM

My order STILL says 'Open' on the Apple Store website. At about 11:30 today, a TNT guy arrived with Tiger! Imagine that!

pete
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 07:42 AM

This is what I got today. I ordered April 12 and it's been in processing shipment for the past four days.

Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the following
item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

M9639Z/A, OS X V10.4 "TIGER" RETAIL-INT
will now ship on or before 04/29/2005

Please note that product availability can change rapidly, and it is
possible that your order may ship much sooner than we anticipate. You
may even receive a shipment confirmation between the time we send this
email and the time that you read it.

If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it
is shipped, and receive a prompt refund, by calling us at 800-676-2775
ext-56500 Mon-Fri 7am-10pm, Sat-Sun 9am-6pm (Central).

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 08:01 AM

mine has left basildon - Instead of working I've been reading the arstechnia review:

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars

very, very indepth - I want it now!

I'm such a geek

Buck_W
Senior User
Apr 29, 2005, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by pete
This is what I got today. I ordered April 12 and it's been in processing shipment for the past four days.

Due to an unexpected delay, we are unable to ship the following
item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

M9639Z/A, OS X V10.4 "TIGER" RETAIL-INT
will now ship on or before 04/29/2005

Please note that product availability can change rapidly, and it is
possible that your order may ship much sooner than we anticipate. You
may even receive a shipment confirmation between the time we send this
email and the time that you read it.

If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before it
is shipped, and receive a prompt refund, by calling us at 800-676-2775
ext-56500 Mon-Fri 7am-10pm, Sat-Sun 9am-6pm (Central).
I received the very same email. So much for ordering early. It should be interesting to see what explanation is put forth regarding their "unexpected delay." I can wait to receive my copy, that's not the end of the world. It's just the principle of the thing. Don't hype your product and make promises that you do not keep.
17" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 320G HD | 8 GB RAM | 10.10.3

pete
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 08:23 AM

I totally agree Buck. This was expected. I mean, I ordered on the 12 and the estimated shipping was always on the 28 via 2nd day air. They've been 'processing shipment' for several days and now this. What on earth could have caused the delay? It's just poor planning, nothing else. And, to make it worse, I'd have to call them to cancel which would mean lots of time wasted on the phone. Plus, they've charged my card so I'd have to wait for a refund too. This is lousy, Apple.

Randman
Posting Junkie
Apr 29, 2005, 08:26 AM

Boo-hoo.

If you look at the global level of Apple getting Tiger to the majority of people who bought it on the 29th, the number really is staggering.
Sure, it sucks to be one of the few who got the short-end of the stick, but to bash Apple for it is lame.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Apr 29, 2005, 08:27 AM

It's even lamer if you threaten to send it back and instead d/l it from BT.
•

pete
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 08:50 AM

To bash Apple for that is lame??? You mean to hold Apple accountable to the agreement we had? Well, I'm sorry but I don't think so. I couldn't care less about waiting a few more days, but I object to the marketing tactics used by Apple to get people to sign of early when they know very well from the beginning that they probably won't be able to fullfil their orders as promised. I think THAT'S lame of Apple. And there are many people who ordered after me who already received their orders, so it's even more lame since that means they don't send out according to order time.

Stop apologising for Apple when they mess up. Why should we be understanding? Apple is just a company like any other.

Peabo
Senior User
Apr 29, 2005, 09:17 AM

Mine arrived from TNT at 11 o'clock this morning!
LC 16Mhz • LC 475 25Mhz • Centris 650 25Mhz • Performa 6200/75Mhz • G3 266Mhz • Snow iMac DVSE 500Mhz
G4 QS 733Mhz • 17" Powerbook 1.33Ghz • 15" MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.16Ghz • Mac Pro 8-Core 3.0 Ghz

moodymonster
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by z0ne81
Mine arrived from TNT at 11 o'clock this morning!

Parky
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 09:26 AM

Mine arrived in Warrington, UK at 8:20 am.

Installed great on the iMac G5 and PowerBook.

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

Abit667
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2005, 09:29 AM

I ordered 2 copies, one for a friend (because he had no ride to the apple store and no credit card) and one for me. The one for my friend got there on time. I get a stupid letter this morning with a bunch of bs about how they can't ship mine yet but I can still cancel it. Then at 5am they ship my order, so now I can't even cancel this and go to the apple store today and get a copy ON TIME.

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2005, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Parky
Mine arrived in Warrington, UK at 8:20 am.

Installed great on the iMac G5 and PowerBook.

Ian
You're in violation of the license

Anyway, mine's on the truck. I should get it in an hour.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

sworthy
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 10:07 AM

I got the same delay. It is annoying b/c it's really not that hard to ship software - if anything, the boxes would be in shorter supply than the disks. I also ordered on the 12th.

vcutag
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 10:21 AM

I ordered on 12 April and finally got the "your order has shipped" email last night. My copy has left Middleburg, PA and is en route to Richmond as we speak.

Apparently FedEx doesn't let you pick packages up from the facility like UPS does... I'd gladly drive out to Hanover to get my copy before Monday.

I just have to tell myself that I wouldn't have been able to get it before Monday with the education discount anyway, since my school bookstore won't have it in until then, and you can't get it at the Apple Store. :-\

stesteG5
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by moodymonster
mine has left basildon - Instead of working I've been reading the arstechnia review:

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars

very, very indepth - I want it now!

I'm such a geek

Mines on its way to Benfleet, From Basildon lol, 10 mins away... avin a look at that link about tiger
Kind Regards

STE

:: Imac 20" G5, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, BT, APT, Yadda Yadda :P ::
:: 60GB IPOD PHOTO, Harman Kardon Soundstick 2. ISIGHT :) ::

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 10:25 AM

Wohoo! It's on the FedEx vehicle for delivery!

I really need to get out more...

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2005, 11:04 AM

Well I'm annoyed. Just spoke to TNT and it appears they mucked up, it initially went to London, not manchester depot (although that's where it is now). So now I don't get it til Tuesday. And I made my girlfriend wait in all day for this. So she'll not be happy!

B O L L O C K S

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 29, 2005, 11:08 AM

got mine this morning.

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 11:08 AM

I gotta ask this...

If anyone here ordered the up-to-date upgrade (and you are in the US), please post here when you get it. I am curious whether anyone's shipped "before the 29th". Also please give the date that you ordered it...

I ordered mine on the 17th, and my order is still processing as of 8:00am PDT. I am keeping an eye out for it just in case it shipped without updating the status.

Thanks,
Jeff
"Mac Daddy" - 15" MBP, 2.2 GHz Core i7, 8GB, 750GB HDD
"Mommy Mac" - 13" Macbook, 2.4GHz C2D, 2GB, 160GB
"Baby Mac" - 15" PB, 1.5GHz, 1.5GB, 80GB
64GB iPod Touch (4th gen)

Polo2883
Apr 29, 2005, 11:12 AM

Mine is on the truck for delivery!!!!!!

t_hah
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 11:16 AM

I just called Apple. They said that they are having problems with the tracking system, and the information online is probably not correct for most people who pre-ordered it (and where it says that the order has not shipped yet).

My order says, shipping today (4/29) but after talking to a phone rep, she assured me that I am actually getting the copy today in the mail. This is probably the case with most of the delayed orders.

I did receive the delay email this morning, but after tlaking to the phone rep. I am not worried. I think it will arrive today.

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by t_hah
I just called Apple. They said that they are having problems with the tracking system, and the information online is probably not correct for most people who pre-ordered it (and where it says that the order has not shipped yet).

My order says, shipping today (4/29) but after talking to a phone rep, she assured me that I am actually getting the copy today in the mail. This is probably the case with most of the delayed orders.

I did receive the delay email this morning, but after tlaking to the phone rep. I am not worried. I think it will arrive today.
Based on your signature, I am assuming that this was not an "up-to-date" order, right?

macminime
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 11:24 AM

I ordered via Up-To-Date on April 13 and was told by Apple that it would be shipping out this afternoon, to be delivered on Monday. I'm in Seattle, so I guess it should get here pretty quick once they actually get it in the hands of FedEx. It is frustrating though, because I've had three different Apple Reps tell me three different things about when it is being shipped, and two of those Reps assured me I would get it today. I'm not holding my breath....

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 29, 2005, 11:26 AM

My TNT page says 'Allocated for Delivery' does that mean any thing special? Should it change to a date?
They did call yesterday so I assume they will deliver it.....
Is there any way you can find out any more information on the site?

Sean

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by macminime
I ordered via Up-To-Date on April 13 and was told by Apple that it would be shipping out this afternoon, to be delivered on Monday. I'm in Seattle, so I guess it should get here pretty quick once they actually get it in the hands of FedEx. It is frustrating though, because I've had three different Apple Reps tell me three different things about when it is being shipped, and two of those Reps assured me I would get it today. I'm not holding my breath....
Please post here if your order status updates today (like giving a tracking number or delivery method).

Thanks,
Jeff

macminime
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 11:33 AM

I did get my Tiger Seminar invite this morning, has everyone else still waiting for Tiger received this?

starman
Clinically Insane
Apr 29, 2005, 11:34 AM

Arrived!

http://www.starman.cc for one little pic.

Mike

Home - Twitter - Sig Wall-Retired - Flickr

stesteG5
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by seanc
My TNT page says 'Allocated for Delivery' does that mean any thing special? Should it change to a date?
They did call yesterday so I assume they will deliver it.....
Is there any way you can find out any more information on the site?

Sean

It should change to OUT FOR DELIVERY 29/4 10am etc....

otherwise its sitting at the said depot.
Kind Regards

STE

:: Imac 20" G5, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD, BT, APT, Yadda Yadda :P ::
:: 60GB IPOD PHOTO, Harman Kardon Soundstick 2. ISIGHT :) ::

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by macminime
I did get my Tiger Seminar invite this morning, has everyone else still waiting for Tiger received this?
Yep I got that invite too...just no Tiger update yet!

zac4mac
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 11:52 AM

Not only shipped, but loading on my iBook now. Ordered the single user copy last week, picked it up at the FedEx depot a few minutes ago in Boulder. Got back to work and opened the box to find the Family Pack. Now I can put Tiger on the iBook, DPG4-550 and DPG52.0 revA with a clean conscience. Way to go Apple, now I don't feel so bad for getting soaked for 600 bucks for my early adopter PhotoPod.

Z

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 29, 2005, 12:08 PM

well TNT aren't delivering mine today then..... unless the page hasn't been updated....
What are their delivery hours? It's 5:07pm here and from what I can make out they deliver up until 5:00pm.
Do they deliver on Saturdays?

Sean

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2005, 12:31 PM

I just put a call into FedEx to find out what it going on....my shipment days "Estimated Delivery - April 29...." but the current status is "at FedEx facility - package not due for delivery" - what's up with that??????
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

DarwinX
Apr 29, 2005, 12:37 PM

Mine has been delivered to the main on campus sorting facility. They usually bring our FedEx shipments to our building at 1:30 PM. It better be there, or I might have to take a long walk to Central Receiving. Oh so close, oh so far away!!

hndpaul
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 12:52 PM

My wife waited in all day for TNT to deliver. She called them twice and got the "don't worry it's on the truck and will be with you before 6" voice.

Well, it's 17:51 and no Tiger.

Tuesday it is.

I'm not happy

ism
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2005, 12:58 PM

I'm in Manchester city centre or trafford centre tomorrow so I'm going to pick up a copy if I can and then return the order from Apple when (if?) it arrives on Tuesday. I mean they've had 2 weeks to get it here!

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2005, 01:32 PM

I jusy talked to FedEx again - they are NOT delivering today according to the local office. So I called Apple....they say it will be....sorry, but I believe the local FedEx is more likely to give me the truth. So FedEx says they'll deliver on Monday.....next problem - I leave for vacation Monday and won't be here to receive the package.....arrrggghhhh. So I told FedEx and Apple to send it back...what a complete screw up.....they should have shipped a day earlier as it has to clear Canada Customs in Vancouver and then get sent over to Victoria for delivery...FedEx only does this once every morning, before Customs even opens.

So I called one of the local shops - they have a Family Pack on hold for me now and I will go down at 6pm tonight and purchase it there. It is a bit of a hassle for me but at least I will get done this weekend what I wanted to - upgrading my laptop and desktop.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2005, 01:38 PM

I wasn't at home to recieve my package so they took it back. ARRRGH! There's no link anywhere about how to go about picking it up from a local FedEx location. Can anyone help? Why didn't they just leave it on my porch? Damnit!

Now I'll have to wait until Monday to get it if I can't go pick it up somewhere.

an0therdumbsn
Apr 29, 2005, 01:52 PM

this is very strange
i awoke to two apple e-mails:
1.Apologising saying that due to a delay my tiger wouldnt ship out for another few days
2.Shipment notification and by using the tracking number i found that my package is already in the las vegas fedex building waiting to be put on a truck.

hmmm..... still no seminar invite though

syanover
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2005, 02:14 PM

According to FedEx, mine is stuck in Memphis, so nothing 'til Monday. I am a little pissed at Apple for not getting them to Canada on time, not to mention that I asked my wife to wait at home for it as it was scheduled to be delivered today.

Buck_W
Senior User
Apr 29, 2005, 02:18 PM

Interesting. . . when I woke up this morning I had received two emails from Apple, one inviting me to the Tiger seminar, and the second stating that due to an unexpected delay, they are unable to ship Tiger until 4/29. I decided to join the ranks of those who are calling the Apple Store directly and I was just told that since I ordered before 4/26 I would most certainly receive Tiger today. The rep said not worry about what their website was saying (I believe he used the words, "this is big and the website is going haywire"). . . so. . . we will see.
17" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 320G HD | 8 GB RAM | 10.10.3

zerostar
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by TheSpaz
I wasn't at home to recieve my package so they took it back. ARRRGH! There's no link anywhere about how to go about picking it up from a local FedEx location. Can anyone help? Why didn't they just leave it on my porch? Damnit!

Now I'll have to wait until Monday to get it if I can't go pick it up somewhere.
Call 1800gofedex and they will hook you up.

At the main menu say 'operator' and she will tell you where it is being held.

spiff72
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2005, 02:46 PM

I finally broke down and called customer care to see if my order has shipped or will ship today. She says that it should ship by the end of the day, probably via 2nd day fedex or UPS.

If there are any other delays that would prevent this, they would let me know...

I seriously doubt that it has shipped already, so I guess it will arrive by Tuesday if all goes well. (This is an "Up-to-date" order).

Thanks,
Jeff

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 02:49 PM

Man, it's here, but I just got a design job so I can't install itr for at least a week.

Am I happy, or am I sad?

WizOSX
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 02:56 PM

Mine just arrived 15 mins ago by FedEx. In the middle of doing my income taxes so I'll have to wait until this evening to install Tiger (oops, can I be sued for using the word on a computer forum?). Taxes are due April 30 in Canada.

bpd115
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2005, 03:06 PM

My fiancee ordered the education version on the 12th....shipped from a location an hour and a half away on the 28th and schedule delivery is May 2nd.....Called Fedex they say the 2nd...Called Apple they said "should be there today"....

We're going to the launch party...if we purchase it at the store for 129, can we return the educational copy when it comes in on monday for 129?

Krypton
Mac Elite
Apr 29, 2005, 03:22 PM

Well, no Tiger for me; no surprise there.

'Plan B' isn't looking too fruitful either - no wonder they made it a DVD only distribution

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 29, 2005, 03:37 PM

No Tiger for me yet either! It better come tomorrow, if not it better come on Monday! I don't care if it's a bank holiday or not, someone better deliver it or give me the keys to the TNT warehouse and vans!
TNT website says it's Allocated for Delivery and that they picked it up on 28.4.05.... that's it. I've got quick time 7 but I don't have Tiger to watch the seminar! Oh.. and the link to the seminar doesn't work.

Sean

fisherKing
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2005, 03:38 PM

just got mine!

only my powerbook is in the shop until tuesday, or... wednesday.

still, the dvd looks nice...
"At first, there was Nothing. Then Nothing inverted itself and became Something.
And that is what you all are: inverted Nothings...with potential" (Sun Ra)

Forum Links
Forum Rules