Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Multiple User Accounts

Multiple User Accounts
Sickofwaiting
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 7, 2005, 01:07 PM

I am running 10.4.1 on my G4 iMac, and wanted to set up a couple unrestricted accounts for me and the little lady. I found it easy to create the additional admin user and enabled fast user switch and all, but once in the "new" user account, I could not find where to access any of the programs I had installed on my "old" account, like Office and other third party apps. Am I just completely missing something obvious?? Thanks for the help.
waiting this long for a new 15 will drive
anyone insane

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jul 7, 2005, 01:22 PM

1) you're better off having just one admin. You don't have to have your wife as a restricted user though.

Applications should be in applications folder. Other items in your personal folder aren't accessible by the other user unless they're in shared (for example, if you want to share the iTunes music folder).

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

Forum Links
Forum Rules