Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Automatic watches: what's the appeal?

Automatic watches: what's the appeal? (Page 2)
auto_immune
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 26, 2008, 05:38 PM

Mastrap
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 26, 2008, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by introducingimacs View Post
I need advice :

according to the Suunto website the LUMI series are for ladies. The honking Suunto male watches don't appeal to me.I like the LUMI because its small and useful. Can I wear this watch?

Are you a lady? If no, don't wear a girl's watch. Unless you're also a transvestite, then it's ok.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2008, 02:13 AM

That watch looks rather androgynous to me.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Jun 27, 2008, 04:50 AM

I wear an Omega Seamaster automatic. I bought it 6 years ago, and it has never been off my wrist. No maintenance, no battery replacement, nothing. Looks as good now as the day I bought it. You really can't beat a good Automatic watch when you just want something that 'works'.

Kvasir
Forum Regular
Jun 27, 2008, 09:46 AM

My daily watch lately is a Casio atomic solar - solar powered Quartz and it gets the NIST shortwave time signal calibration every day from the Ft. Collins transmitter. Sure, I have a cell phone, but I'm not glued to it, so it's not always available (I either DO NOT have it on me at all, or have it turned off when in the theatre, in restaurants, etc.). Even when it is on and with me, it's a heck of a lot easier to glance down at my wrist then pull the phone out of it's holster, unlock it and wake up the screen just to check the time. I actually own several watches - Casio tough solar atomics, a couple of Seiko automatic divers, a Stowa manual wind,...

Forum Links
Forum Rules