Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FT: BEEFED-UP MAC PRO for Mac Pro w/AppleCare

FT: BEEFED-UP MAC PRO for Mac Pro w/AppleCare
chipchen
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2008, 07:15 PM

Here's the short story:

Apple is replacing an old machine of mine that was ordered pretty beefed-up from the factory. It's Apple's policy, when replacing machines from multiple repairs (it went through 4 logic board repairs) that they match configurations or beat it.

So basically, I'm getting a super beefed-up Mac Pro... something along the lines of: 3.0 GHz Dual-Quad Core Processors, 8GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drives (x2), Apple Raid Card, NVidia 8800 GT, SuperDrive. Basically just under $6000 worth from Apple.com... and I can work with the configuration a bit.

SOOOO.... I don't need this kind of power. I'm looking to trade this crazy machine, for a recent Mac Pro w/AppleCare. Prefer 8-core Mac Pro's... but I'm taking all offers into consideration. Oh... and of course, you need to sweeten the offer of your Mac Pro with cash or something else... or even an all cash deal.

PM me or email me.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2008, 08:23 AM

Am I missing something, you're stating that you don't need all the power of a dual-quad core MacPro, with 8GB but you want to trade it for a dual-quad core MacPro
~Mike

chipchen  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2008, 06:17 PM

I can get a 8-Core 3.2 GHz Mac Pro with raid card and upgraded video card and lots of RAM and hard drives, etc.... but I don't need all that... just a regular Mac Pro would suffice for me. So if someone wanted FASTER PROCESSORS, a RAID CARD, better VIDEO CARD, etc... without wanting to pay full price... you get me now?

Say you have a Mac Pro 8-core 2.8GHz stock machine that you bought last month... but you're thinking now you wish you upped it to 3.2 with a RAID CARD and 8800 GT Video Card..., for some cash difference (and not even the full amount of the difference, I'd trade you).

If you're not getting it by now... don't worry about it.

thelowproguy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2008, 10:08 PM

Would you consider a last gen MBP:

2.4GHz, 200gb, 2gb RAM. + $1000 cash.

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Nov 11, 2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by chipchen View Post
If you're not getting it by now... don't worry about it.
I'm not worried, just doesn't make sense trading a macpro for a macpro, albeit a faster one for a slower one but hey each to his own.

Good luck
~Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules