Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Windows Printing

Windows Printing
luckiesf1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2003, 07:49 PM

I just installed Panther over the weekend and I'm having trouble with windows printing. I have a Canon i450, so the Generic Postscript Printing driver was selected as the default, since the i450 is not included in Panther. Whenever I print, my PC recceives the job and sends it to the printer. The light on my printer flashes, as if it were printing but nothing comes out. When I check my PC, the printing status shows it as complete.

However, if I were to select a different printer driver from the Canon menu (instead of the generic), the printer prints the page but it does not look how it's suppose to. As a side note, the i450 works fine when pluged into the powerbook.

I've tried installing the Canon print drivers off the 2nd Panter disk, Installing new printing drivers on both my PC and Mac, and Contacting Apple Care. Nothing has helped. Does anyone know how to fix this or how I can choose the i450 drivers in the others menu?

Thanks in advance
12" 867 PB/1128MB RAM/60GB/SD/Airport Express/BT Mouse + Keyboard/40GB ipod.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 27, 2003, 09:00 PM

Where did you get the new drivers from? I'd go to Cannon's site directly to get drivers-and I would think that Jaguar (or even plain OS X) drivers would work fine under Panther.

You may want to completely delete the drivers you have already installed so that you can start fresh. It may not cure your problem, but it wouldn't hurt.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

luckiesf1  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 27, 2003, 10:11 PM

I've already downloaded the drivers from the Canon website and installed them. Where can i find the drivers on my computer so that I can delete them?
12" 867 PB/1128MB RAM/60GB/SD/Airport Express/BT Mouse + Keyboard/40GB ipod.

ghporter
Administrator
Oct 29, 2003, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by luckiesf1:
I've already downloaded the drivers from the Canon website and installed them. Where can i find the drivers on my computer so that I can delete them?
Oooo. Good question! And mucking around with the wrong folder can hose a computer!

Anyone know where printer drivers get filed? I have an idea, but it's probably not a good idea to voice it; somebody may take my idea as advice and I could easily be wrong!

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules