Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > new powerbook and printing to windows printer????

new powerbook and printing to windows printer????
Roy Boy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2004, 07:33 PM

Hi I just got my new pb and set up a printer via windows printing. it found the printer, but when i send something to it it prints alot of crazy text instead of my graphic work. It's a epson c 82 on a dell xp machine via wireless network can anyone help?

Roy Boy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2004, 07:40 PM

never mind i finaly got it to work.
Don't know what the issue was but it's working now

brewskij
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2004, 09:19 PM

did you have to use gimp and cups - or are there easier, GUI-based things built into Panther that handle this chore...

reason I am asking is that I am soon to be a PowerBook 15" owner (I think) and I have a Dell running XP with an HP printer hanging off of it that I want to be able to print to (via Wireless LAN magic)...

thanks,
BrewSkij

Roy Boy  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2004, 10:11 PM

just did it through the printer setup and chose "windows printing" and the windows system the printer was hooked to showed up under workgroup MSHome. but it did not work properly till a couple reboots. But works now. was all fairly easy and was GUi driven

luckiesf1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 10, 2004, 11:37 PM

Roy Boy, did you have your printer settings set to generic postscript? I pretty much have the same setup as you but with a canon i450 and i have not been able to get it to work using windows printing. I've even called Apple and they can't solve the problem.
12" 867 PB/1128MB RAM/60GB/SD/Airport Express/BT Mouse + Keyboard/40GB ipod.

daload
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 12, 2004, 02:29 AM

Dude I have a dell for my assistant and he has a HP laserjet 3100 running off it with another computer on teh same LAN. I hook my powerbook into the LAN but when I try and print using windows printing I get some NT_ACCESSS.... error. (sorry I dont know the whole error message) anyone else knwo what this is?

Is there a way to authenitcate a computer for printing?

Thanks
\
ASCII (Because its simple)

Forum Links
Forum Rules