Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > OS 10.3 & Netgear VPN

OS 10.3 & Netgear VPN
big fox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2005, 06:36 AM

I am in pain. I try to set up a VPN Network with my netgear FVS124G and I just can't get it to work.
However I managed to create a dyndns-Account and policies so I get a Errormessage when trying to log in via VPN. The error is as follows:

Init Cookie: 0x30d3dd986cbf5d32 & Resp Cookie: 0xde7210ff76ec8367 INFO :: Sending phase-I notify of type NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN
Init Cookie: 0x30d3dd986cbf5d32 & Resp Cookie: 0xde7210ff76ec8367 INFO :: Phase-I negotiation failed
Init Cookie: 0x30d3dd986cbf5d32 & Resp Cookie: 0xde7210ff76ec8367 INFO :: Deleting the IsakmpSA

Now I am stuck. Netgear is not much help. Any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance
Volker

big fox  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2005, 02:16 AM

After fiddeling around with it for a few hours. I have the following result:
- It is not working with build-in VPN-Tools
- A decend client is needed. I checked out VPN Tracker 4 which is good but $$$
- I decided that it is not worth the effort, since I can access the Apache over Http and the files over sftp (which was setup in no time). Other ports could possibly enable printing, etc.

Bottomline: since I only need to connect to one machine within my network, I get pretty far without VPN.

This is for you, who have the same problem....

Regards
Volker

Forum Links
Forum Rules