Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ever try connecting your Powerbook to a TV and play HALO?

Ever try connecting your Powerbook to a TV and play HALO?
fuddman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2004, 02:11 AM

It's pretty fun, I only did it for a short period of time but the funny thing is that the picture quality was actually better then on my laptop screen.

Max res was 800 x 600 on the tv, which allowed me to up Pixel shading and Vertex shading without loosing much FPS. I only tried monitor mirroing, I wonder if its possible to run the laptop in closed lid mode.

Anyways give it a try its like playing on an XBOX but with keyboard and mouse.

xGrape
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2004, 08:08 AM

How do you think I spent new years eve?? (no I wasn't alone)

28" Fun Yes, it really was cool, and it certainly looked better. There seems to be this for using the PB in closed-lid operation. I'm really keen on getting this working, as it would allow me to watch DVDs when its hooked up to the TV, but not wasting my battery on the PB screen...
12" PowerBook, 1GHz, 1.25 GB RAM, 60 GB HD, Dell 20" Widescreen

Forum Links
Forum Rules