Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: Dead—Yes, DEAD—Pismo/Lombard Batteries

WTB: Dead—Yes, DEAD—Pismo/Lombard Batteries
Koralatov
Senior User
Mar 20, 2008, 03:42 PM

This is a very unusual request, but it’s serious nonetheless. I’d like a few dead Pismo/Lombard batteries. I have a pair of 400MHz Pismos that I’m in the process of rehabilitating. Currently, they have neither battery or DVD drives. I’m quite keen to get some dead batteries to fill the slots until I can get around to buying some drives and a pair of working batteries.

I’m not looking to pay a lot (due to them being dead). I’d also be open to buying some DVD drives for them, if they’re cheap enough.

Many thanks!

cjrivera
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2008, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Koralatov View Post
This is a very unusual request, but it’s serious nonetheless. I’d like a few dead Pismo/Lombard batteries. I have a pair of 400MHz Pismos that I’m in the process of rehabilitating. Currently, they have neither battery or DVD drives. I’m quite keen to get some dead batteries to fill the slots until I can get around to buying some drives and a pair of working batteries.

I’m not looking to pay a lot (due to them being dead). I’d also be open to buying some DVD drives for them, if they’re cheap enough.

Many thanks!
Would Wallstreet batteries work?
"It's weird the way 'finger puppets' sounds ok as a noun..."

Koralatov  (op)
Senior User
Mar 20, 2008, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by cjrivera View Post
Would Wallstreet batteries work?
I’m not sure, to be honest. I’d have to try and find out before I bought them from you—a swift google has turned up nothing, sadly. Anyone know if Wallstreet and Pismo batteries are interchangeable?

If it turns out they are, how many do you have, and how much would you be looking for for them?

sledsbehave
Senior User
Mar 20, 2008, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Koralatov View Post
I’m not sure, to be honest. I’d have to try and find out before I bought them from you—a swift google has turned up nothing, sadly. Anyone know if Wallstreet and Pismo batteries are interchangeable?

If it turns out they are, how many do you have, and how much would you be looking for for them?
I'm pretty sure the wallstreet is thicker, than the pismo/lombard powerbooks. so, i wouldn't think they would work.
as ever,
sonny

Koralatov  (op)
Senior User
Mar 20, 2008, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by sledsbehave View Post
I'm pretty sure the wallstreet is thicker, than the pismo/lombard powerbooks. so, i wouldn't think they would work.
Darn—you’re right. The Wallstreet isa good bit thicker than its successors. Thanks for that.

Anyone with dead Lombard/Pismo batteries interested in selling me them?

Koralatov  (op)
Senior User
Mar 21, 2008, 03:55 PM

Scratch this request. I don’t want to buy the batteries anymore—I’ve tested both laptops and couldn’t get either to work. Thanks for the responses anyway!

Forum Links
Forum Rules