Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > New OS X printer drivers out!

New OS X printer drivers out!
OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2002, 11:58 PM

Software update on OS X now lists a few different updates for HP, Epson, and Canon printers. I just downloaded and installed the Epson set, for my Photo 870, and it fixed a problem I was having where I would have to go through about four steps to print a document. They are large downloads, around 30Mb, but you might want to check this out if you have Epson, HP, or Canon printers, and you want to run them on X.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Rick Francis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2002, 11:31 AM

Downloaded the new drivers for Epson, I also have the 870. My printer will not work now, before it was working utilizing the european drivers. When I go to system profile the printer is listed but without drivers? Also my Print Center application does not respond. Any help would be appreciated. I am a Mac newbie so be gentle.
Rick Francis

Graphite iMac 500 DV SE

hsl
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2002, 11:33 AM

It's also possible to go to the Epson site and download only the one you need,

the driver for my epson 1290 was 3,9 MB.
15,4" MBP (late 2008), 2,53Ghz, 4GB RAM, 256GB SSD | 27" ACD | 11" MBA, 1.6Ghz, 4GB RAM , 128GB | 16GB iPhone4 | 32GB iPad

The biggest fan of JoliOriginals MacBook, iPad and iPhone Sleeves!

Rick Francis
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2002, 12:51 PM

Originally posted by Rick Francis:
<STRONG>Downloaded the new drivers for Epson, I also have the 870. My printer will not work now, before it was working utilizing the european drivers. When I go to system profile the printer is listed but without drivers? Also my Print Center application does not respond. Any help would be appreciated. I am a Mac newbie so be gentle.</STRONG>
Well I got it to work by bypassing my usb hub, then I reinstalled printer back on the hub and everything seems to be fine now? Can anyone explain this?

Thanks
Rick Francis

Graphite iMac 500 DV SE

zekemon6
Jan 5, 2002, 01:04 PM

I'm guessing they didn't include a driver for the Apple Personal LaserWriter 300?

Maoa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 5, 2002, 03:39 PM

Originally posted by KarlG:
<STRONG>Software update on OS X now lists a few different updates for HP, Epson, and Canon printers. I just downloaded and installed the Epson set, for my Photo 870, and it fixed a problem I was having where I would have to go through about four steps to print a document. They are large downloads, around 30Mb, but you might want to check this out if you have Epson, HP, or Canon printers, and you want to run them on X.</STRONG>
Allways, no Canon BJC 3000 driver but a Canon S400's one (which is very similar ) ! No comment !

Jerommeke
Mac Elite
Jan 7, 2002, 01:07 AM

and still NO support for shared sc 760's
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 20", 2 GB RAM, 400 GB, OS X 10.4.5, iPod with color screen 60 GB

<Mike>
Jan 8, 2002, 11:22 PM

What about an HP OfficeJet v40? HP Says there is no support for this printer on any Mac. Is it possible to connect it via USB to an OS X iMac?

Thanks,
Mike
[email protected]

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2002, 12:48 PM

My Epson Photo 1200 didn't work before trying to use a HexEdit hacked 1270 or 1280 driver. Now I downloaded the new ones and it worked right away with the new 1270 driver which I had to hack again of course.

Oh joy! Now I can print (1270 driver), fax (FaxSTF), and scan on UMAX 6400 (VueScan) all from X.

OS X, you complete me!
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

<marcv>
Apr 6, 2002, 09:28 PM

Hi How did you hack it; I've als a 1200. many thanks in advance

Forum Links
Forum Rules