Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > iPhone App Developer

iPhone App Developer
mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Jul 28, 2010, 10:51 AM

So, I work for a company that is interested in building an iPhone app. We actually have a good budget (~$10,000 give or take) and we want to go the the next phase.

Could anyone recommend a good iPhone developer. The company should have a number of "informational" apps to show off.

About the application:
The application would show off our different programs (approximately five of them). It would give a brief overview of the different offerings, have a mini photo album, general information, etc. I'm guessing this could be done with approximately 30 or so pages. We also want a "tip of the day" feature where we can push tips to the application. Finally, it would need to have a "News" section and a "request more information" area. Overall, I think it would be somewhat easy for a seasoned iPhone developer.

Something similar to this application Discover Saint Rose for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
but for a more professional demographic.

Thoughts?

Phileas
Mac Elite
Jul 28, 2010, 11:05 AM

You can probably achieve 90% of the functionality you're asking for by using these guys: AppMakr :: Publish your own iPhone apps for free!

When we used them a year ago to create a simple app that is pulling together all of our publishing streams, from blogs, twitter, flickr etc they charged us $150.00 all in. Worth taking a look at.

andi*pandi
Jul 29, 2010, 01:09 PM

I was going to point you to the dev forum, where 3 other people have asked this... but that there is a new answer so hey.

Forum Links
Forum Rules