Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 21)
Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 7, 2010, 11:38 PM

Oh, and here is the link to that sniper video where he gives tips on the sniper rifle(s). YouTube - FFA Sniping Tips From Hutch: Wasteland (Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Videos)

With that 30-6 game he must be related to Dakar.

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
You put in some serious time on MW2 during the break, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah I was spending most of my daytime hours on MW2. When you get some good teams and games, you don't want to quit. I didn't even spend much time on Wolfenstein multiplayer where I need to finish a couple of achievements.
( Last edited by Leonard; Jan 8, 2010 at 12:14 AM. )
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2010, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Yeah I was spending most of my daytime hours on MW2. When you get some good teams and games, you don't want to quit.
Yeah, I've found that out the hard way. Several times I've stopped doing some late-night work to take a "MW2 break" for twenty minutes. Four hours later, I was thinking, "If I don't get in bed right now, pretty soon I'm going to be watching the sunrise in a few minutes with an XBox headset on my head."

SpaceMonkey
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2010, 11:44 AM

I just picked this up, so I'll be one of those n00bs you guys love...but on the PS3, so I won't be padding any of your stats!

"One ticket to Washington, please. I have a date with destiny."

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
I just picked this up, so I'll be one of those n00bs you guys love...but on the PS3, so I won't be padding any of your stats!
I bet Jawbone is excited to finally have to play wi-- oh.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
I'm constantly in awe of some of the guys playing this game. My favorite from this video is #3...

Top 5 Kill Cams from the Week
I found that completely boring, if not obnoxious. The guy on Sub Base, how in the **** did he know where those guys were when kept popping up exactly where he needed to?

I'm assuming the Quint kill was on hardcore. That was cool.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2010, 12:20 PM

Oh hey, we officially passed 1000 replies, though I make up *ahem* a third of them.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2010, 12:41 PM

Oh, and here is the link to that sniper video where he gives tips on the sniper rifle(s). YouTube - FFA Sniping Tips From Hutch: Wasteland (Modern Warfare 2 Gameplay Videos)

With that 30-6 game he must be related to Dakar.
Except I am, at best, an average sniper, and awful at FFA games.

That said, I think I'll be using snipers way more next Prestige. I'm almost addicted.

Edit: Multi Post!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I bet Jawbone is excited to finally have to play wi-- oh.
Eeehhhh, heh heh...

To be honest, I ran into more absolute jerks playing MW2 on the PS3 than I have on the 360, and I only played the PS3 version online for a few days. There's nothing more irritating than having an off game and then listening to your teammates trash you using "colorful metaphors" the entire next match.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2010, 01:32 PM

That's surprising.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2010, 01:44 PM

Fewer outright jerks so far, but far more 10-year-olds who love to shout, "IS ANYONE OUT THERE? HELLOOOOOO?" while playing TDM.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2010, 01:49 PM

I kinda wish the game would tell them when I mute them.

"Can you hear me?" Not anymore.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2010, 04:00 PM

Reminds of the one game where I had some Canadian and US guys chatting all game about every topic under the sun. "Oh I've been to Canada, and seen .....". I felt like telling the two lovebirds to get their own room. I just muted them. I'm just not very talkative when I'm gaming. When I'm gaming, the only talk I want is about the game, where the enemy is, et., helpful info. Like in Wolfenstein, when someone needs health or ammo and you don't notice them, they just yell for it. If you want to talk, go to a forum or start your own person chat.

But I really hate the kids who have to narrate they're gameplay or what's happening to them.

Typically, I leave my own mic muted as like anyone else, I occasionally swear at the guy who kills me with a pair of shotguns across a room. (Still haven't used shotguns myself. I like a weapon that can handle longer range and short range as I find the swapping weapon times too long. The only thing longer is the reload on the RPD or the switching of classes in the One-Man-Army perk.)
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2010, 04:22 PM

Reminds of the one game where I had some Canadian and US guys chatting all game about every topic under the sun. "Oh I've been to Canada, and seen .....". I felt like telling the two lovebirds to get their own room. I just muted them. I'm just not very talkative when I'm gaming. When I'm gaming, the only talk I want is about the game, where the enemy is, et., helpful info. Like in Wolfenstein, when someone needs health or ammo and you don't notice them, they just yell for it. If you want to talk, go to a forum or start your own person chat.
Yes, exactly.

But I really hate the kids who have to narrate they're gameplay or what's happening to them.
Yes, very much.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2010, 04:50 PM

Typically, I leave my own mic muted as like anyone else, I occasionally swear at the guy who kills me with a pair of shotguns across a room.
Yeah, I've been muting my mic a lot lately. This game makes me swear almost as much as Gears of War 2... almost.

Does anyone want to help me with some spec ops missions this weekend? I have tonight set aside for my last three Left 4 Dead 2 achieves but Saturday & Sunday is all MW2.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2010, 05:47 PM

Inspired, I spent a lot of time last night trying to acclimate myself to the throwing knife. I had one game on High-rise in which I rattled off about 6 kills with it, two or three of them being a fairly long toss. That game ended with a nice kill/death ratio, but all the other matches I found myself trying to use it when I should have used the grenade launcher attachment or the FAMAS itself.

I found myself trying to use the knife rather than trying to play a good game, and that's not good for anyone.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2010, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
Yeah, I've been muting my mic a lot lately. This game makes me swear almost as much as Gears of War 2... almost.

Does anyone want to help me with some spec ops missions this weekend? I have tonight set aside for my last three Left 4 Dead 2 achieves but Saturday & Sunday is all MW2.
Yeah, I used to wear the headset whether I was talking or not. Now I almost never plug it in.

I'd love to hop on spec ops, but I have to work the next two days. I haven't even touched the mode yet.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2010, 05:51 PM

Inspired, I spent a lot of time last night trying to acclimate myself to the throwing knife. I had one game on High-rise in which I rattled off about 6 kills with it, two or three of them being a fairly long toss. That game ended with a nice kill/death ratio, but all the other matches I found myself trying to use it when I should have used the grenade launcher attachment or the FAMAS itself.

I found myself trying to use the knife rather than trying to play a good game, and that's not good for anyone.
Yeah, I've been inspired too. It's like when I was trying hard to get sticks with the Semtex, you notice so many more situations where its viable.

That said, on the maps I use my throwing knife set-up, those situations are hard to come by. I think next prestige I'll be adding it to my Runner class, at least till I get the emblem(s).

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2010, 05:55 PM

I usually go with Coldblooded, Ninja Pro, and Bling Pro with silenced weapon because I like to be invisible. I'm thinking of trying Marathon/Lightweight/Commando w/ throwing knives and see how I fair. I've seen more and more people with this set-up recently. Probably people tired of being knifed. LOL

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 8, 2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mrjinglesusa View Post
I usually go with Coldblooded, Ninja Pro, and Bling Pro with silenced weapon because I like to be invisible.
Yep, that's my exact stealth set-up. With throwing knife to boot.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2010, 08:06 PM

Apparently, for your marathon/lightweight class, you can run even faster if you prime a care package grenade, but don't throw it. Then you can run around stabbing people. I haven't done this myself, always seem to forget to get hold of the care package grenade.

I took it off for a while, but I'm putting global mute back on for the chat. There are just too many wankers on XBL.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2010, 10:46 PM

I usually go with Coldblooded, Ninja Pro, and Bling Pro with silenced weapon because I like to be invisible.
Yeah I use that combo sometimes too. Sometimes I use Hardline instead Coldblooded.
MacBook Pro

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2010, 11:23 AM

Yep, that's my exact stealth set-up. With throwing knife to boot.
Yeah I use that combo sometimes too. Sometimes I use Hardline instead Coldblooded.
You guys have Coldblooded Pro yet? I need about 15 more kill streak destroys to get it. It seems to me not having your name/color show up when targeted would be a HUGE advantage yet I haven't seen many people running with Coldblooded Pro. You do get it after destroying 40 kill streak rewards correct?

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2010, 07:41 PM

Yeah Mrjinglesusa, pretty sure that its 40 for pro.

Just had a massive Demolition session. When I'd played this previously I got really hyper and found it fun but stressful (its a very dynamic game, no lulls). But tonight we were having laugh playing it and ended up going on what I believe was a 24 game winning streak. And talk about ranking up !!! Easily 30 odd kills a game. Loads of points for planting, loads for the diffuse. Great gametype. Good comms is the key.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2010, 11:33 PM

You guys have Coldblooded Pro yet? I need about 15 more kill streak destroys to get it. It seems to me not having your name/color show up when targeted would be a HUGE advantage yet I haven't seen many people running with Coldblooded Pro. You do get it after destroying 40 kill streak rewards correct?
I don't have it yet, on this go around. I have been destroying more kill streak rewards after my first prestige. I didn't know you could shoot down UAV's - you only 50 points for it.

I noticed Scavenger Pro gives you more ammo via more magazines. Of course then you lose Bling Pro if you have it.
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 10, 2010, 07:33 AM

I *think* that shooting down drones counts towards the cold-blooded challenge.

Anyone else come across the speeded up S&D games? Like you've got lightfoot x 10

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 10, 2010, 10:40 AM

Got Coldblooded Pro last night after 40 kill streak destroys. Haven't played much with it yet so not sure how much of a help it will be. There were 1 or 2 times where someone scoped me and waited to shoot because I didn't show up red which gave me the extra time to kill them.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 10, 2010, 12:13 PM

I played last night for a while with my brother and his friend. I'm pretty sure my brother was completely wasted, based not only on his performance, but also the slurred screams directed towards complete strangers (totally out of his character - he's the most easy-going guy I know).

When I finally joined up with Dakar and Sek, my connection crashed and I went to bed after one last match. Bad night overall. As soon as I started playing, it felt like I had taken two steps back.

I think I had a realization, and I need your opinion. Every time I peruse the stats, I noticed to my shame that while I'm about halfway up the board for kill/death ratio among my friends who play the game, I'm actually second-to-last in accuracy. I took this to mean that I need to stick with Stopping Sower rather than Cold-Blooded, and that to change Perk 2 would be suicide, since I have to make every shot that does connect count for all it's worth.

Last night I wondered if perhaps my frequently high death rate is due to the fact that I'm firing off twice and many shots as everyone else to compensate for my terrible accuracy, and I'm lighting up like a Christmas tree on the map for anyone and everyone to see. This came to me while in a FFA match on Invasion. Every time I'd find a good spot to patrol, as soon as I killed one or two enemies, the same people would appear behind me within 15 seconds.

I guess I'll find out with a bit of experimentation tonight, but just wanted some outsider opinions.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 10, 2010, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Anyone else come across the speeded up S&D games? Like you've got lightfoot x 10
I experienced the same in TDM and Ground War several times last night, actually stuck it out for one match because it's pretty hilarious.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 10, 2010, 02:35 PM

Yeah, so , sorry about last night fellas. I didn't know my buddy's cousin would be joining us. To be fair, he's usually better than my buddy. Guess that "new tv" really killed his game, instead of doing the opposite like he expected. (insert rollseyes here)

Edit: I don't think its a coincidence we won the first game after he left.

I never noticed the difference, but my time with was limited, not to mention the amount of maps I use it on.

When I finally joined up with Dakar and Sek, my connection crashed and I went to bed after one last match. Bad night overall. As soon as I started playing, it felt like I had taken two steps back.
Yeah, I didn't notice the time. AFter it dumped you for the last game I finished it out and logged off for the night.

I think I had a realization, and I need your opinion. Every time I peruse the stats, I noticed to my shame that while I'm about halfway up the board for kill/death ratio among my friends who play the game, I'm actually second-to-last in accuracy. I took this to mean that I need to stick with Stopping Sower rather than Cold-Blooded, and that to change Perk 2 would be suicide, since I have to make every shot that does connect count for all it's worth.

Last night I wondered if perhaps my frequently high death rate is due to the fact that I'm firing off twice and many shots as everyone else to compensate for my terrible accuracy, and I'm lighting up like a Christmas tree on the map for anyone and everyone to see. This came to me while in a FFA match on Invasion. Every time I'd find a good spot to patrol, as soon as I killed one or two enemies, the same people would appear behind me within 15 seconds.

I guess I'll find out with a bit of experimentation tonight, but just wanted some outsider opinions.
While I imagine there's a threshold for good accuracy, I wouldn't equate a good accuracy with a good k/d. Mine's been dropping while my k/d keeps going up - I've just changed what weapons I'm using.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I thought you were alright. Aside from my 18 and 2s and 30 and 4s, I thought you kept a relative pace with me.
( Last edited by The Final Dakar; Jan 10, 2010 at 02:42 PM. )

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2010, 12:18 AM

Terrible day today, I don't know if it's me or the people I'm playing against. I think my k/d even dropped today, because I played so horrid. I think even Dakar joined one of my bad games.
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2010, 05:54 AM

My humble opinion is that having a silencer is the best add-on for any weapon. No red-dot on the non HC games, no flash showing your position, and the sound is dispersed so that even if you shoot next to an enemy its harder for him to find you.

With the addition of Xmas noobs, I'm getting some ridiculous scores with my silenced commando class.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 11, 2010, 11:46 AM

You can tell MW2 is starting to go back to pre-xmas form. Quality of competition is becoming night and day. Bunch of green patches yesterday afternoon, veterans Sat and Sunday night.

Speaking of last night, god did we have an asshole in our lobby. He, and his buddy (who was host) were pretty much accusing anyone who wasn't running marathon/lightweight of being campers. After each and every game.

---

I had a sequence yesterday that really made me wish we had Halo's theater. On Quarry, on the very left, there's the ramp that leads down to a dead-end where people like to snipe. My team was mostly holding that spot, so I decided to set-up shop down there.... just as my team got wiped by a strong enemy surge. Long story short - Me, prone in the dead-end, five of the enemy team coming at me, and they miss me and start to head to the other side of the map. I swallowed some courage and opened fire with my M21... and I killed them all. It was in the afternoon, and I imagine they were all green patches, but still. One man, prone against five dudes. Amazing.

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2010, 12:25 PM

Speaking of last night, god did we have an asshole in our lobby. He, and his buddy (who was host) were pretty much accusing anyone who wasn't running marathon/lightweight of being campers. After each and every game.
Seems like quite a few 'mature' gamers got the game over Xmas. Well, mature physically that is. When I get accused of camping, and the player stays in the next game, out comes crazy commando. They soon leave.

I had a sequence yesterday that really made me wish we had Halo's theater. On Quarry, on the very left, there's the ramp that leads down to a dead-end where people like to snipe. My team was mostly holding that spot, so I decided to set-up shop down there.... just as my team got wiped by a strong enemy surge. Long story short - Me, prone in the dead-end, five of the enemy team coming at me, and they miss me and start to head to the other side of the map. I swallowed some courage and opened fire with my M21... and I killed them all. It was in the afternoon, and I imagine they were all green patches, but still. One man, prone against five dudes. Amazing.
M21 is such a great weapon. As a non-sniper its my favourite sniper rifle.

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2010, 12:28 PM

I had a pretty good run this weekend with my Ninja Pro, Bling Pro, and Coldblooded Pro class on Underpass, Estate, and Terminal. I went 25-6 on Terminal in one game, which is really good for me. I also managed to get my K/D from 0.74 to 0.80 over the weekend. It's been slowly creeping up over the past couple weeks. I blame the initial low K/D on the fact that I hadn't played COD for almost a year before MW2 came out.

Random thoughts:

I see now why people hate on grenade launchers so much. It takes zero skill to blindly fire one of those into a general area and get kills and there is no way to avoid them, unlike most grenades. Watching the kill cams, the enemy didn't even see anyone before he fired.

I hate having some idiot run/stand next to me and me getting killed from air support, even though the air support couldn't see me but they could see him.

The poppy field in Afghan is a great place to lie prone and protect the target in Sabatoge matches.

Learning when/how to knife people versus shooting them has improved my game 10-fold.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2010, 01:32 PM

F**k that guy, he even named me on the Scrapyard match as a camper when I, literally, ran around the edge of the map getting kills the whole game...I pretty much anti-camped.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2010, 01:36 PM

I hate having some idiot run/stand next to me and me getting killed from air support, even though the air support couldn't see me but they could see him.
Almost all my classes run Cold Blooded, so I know exactly what you mean. I expect a death from a Chopper Gunner or AC130, but when I get killed by a goddamn Harrier gunner because my non Cold Blooded teammate wants to rub elbows it really gets to me.

Learning when/how to knife people versus shooting them has improved my game 10-fold.
I'd say %75 of my super-close-range deaths are from me firing when I should melee and meleeing when I should fire. The other %25 is from pure-luck headshots.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 11, 2010, 01:36 PM

Oh, I'm 99% sure he probably just does that to everyone he plays against. The time we were on Scrapyard and he was on our team he seemed to spend a lot of time in the warehouse for a guy who doesn't like camping.

That said, the spawn rapage on Underpass was ridiculous..

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2010, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
Almost all my classes run Cold Blooded, so I know exactly what you mean. I expect a death from a Chopper Gunner or AC130, but when I get killed by a goddamn Harrier gunner because my non Cold Blooded teammate wants to rub elbows it really gets to me.
Yeah, I hate that too. There's been a couple of the times when I try running away from a team-mate who's getting too close. At least until I can shoot down the aircraft.

That and the predator missile. Come on guys , don't gather together.
MacBook Pro

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2010, 03:45 PM

Oh, I'm 99% sure he probably just does that to everyone he plays against. The time we were on Scrapyard and he was on our team he seemed to spend a lot of time in the warehouse for a guy who doesn't like camping.

That said, the spawn rapage on Underpass was ridiculous..
The latency is what irked me most about those games. I'm confident in my ability to combat any type of play-style, but when the enemy is jumping all over the screen... no.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 11, 2010, 03:49 PM

I wish there was a way to mark team mates running cold-blooded with those that aren't. Nothing I hate more than those ****ers (or non-ninja guys) hanging around me and getting me killed.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2010, 03:51 PM

I see now why people hate on grenade launchers so much. It takes zero skill to blindly fire one of those into a general area and get kills and there is no way to avoid them, unlike most grenades. Watching the kill cams, the enemy didn't even see anyone before he fired.
Half the time the grenade launcher doesn't work for me. I generally use it when I need to get the title or emblem for having all the attachments for the gun.
MacBook Pro

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 11, 2010, 03:55 PM

Are you firing it before you die? Then its lag. Are you firing it up close? Then its distance.

I use the thumper with Danger Close, which can be kinda cheap, but I also pick strategic spots to use it. On Highrise I'll sometimes use t for long-distance insta-kills, which may not be respectable, but is still risky, considering that half-second it takes to prime itself into sights.

On my other classes, I use it when I know someone is in a room, but I have no regular shot on them. Or if I'm getting raped.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2010, 11:00 PM

Are you firing it before you die? Then its lag. Are you firing it up close? Then its distance.
I've had both. But most of the time it's probably the close distance. Sometimes, it's because I used it once and didn't reload it, so I hit a reload problem.

Had a hilarious game on scrapyard, today. I really shouldn't be too proud of it because 3/4 of the time I camped in the L-shaped pieces of plane scrap in the center and they kept on coming to me. I think my team kept them at bay on the left and right, cause all I had behind me was my claymore and I don't think it ever went off.

Actually, I noticed I do have Cold-blooded Pro. I'm at level V.
MacBook Pro

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2010, 10:26 AM

Had a good game on Afghan last night: 37-11. I was holding practically the entire enemy team at bay as they were trying to get into the cave. I usually don't do well on this map but have finally figured out a good strategy and good patrol areas on both sides of the map.

Even better was my game on Rundown: 26-1. Set up shop in the building across from the main bridge. Got sniped almost right away but went back a second time being more careful. Got 5 kills from people trying to cross the bridge and people trying to snipe from the buildings across the way. Predator missile got me three more for my harrier. 3 kills from initial bomb strike and another 5-6 kills from the hovering harrier, including a triple kill. After it was shot down, called in my Pave Low, which got me another 5 kills or so before it was shot down.

I'm really liking the Predator/Harrier/Pave Low combo.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2010, 11:15 AM

I have that combo except for the Predator Missile. I have the care package instead.

Sometimes I'll switch the Pave Low to an Emergency Air Drop. I prefer the Pave Low when I won't have a chance to get out of a building(s) much (ex. the house on Estate).
MacBook Pro

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 12, 2010, 01:29 PM

I spent 11 hours driving yesterday, so I've missed a lot...

While I imagine there's a threshold for good accuracy, I wouldn't equate a good accuracy with a good k/d. Mine's been dropping while my k/d keeps going up - I've just changed what weapons I'm using.
Maybe I'm focusing a bit too much my accuracy right now (even as my K/D is slowly but steadily going up), but obviously if I pulled the accuracy up a little it would help some. I do know that my accuracy was at its worst during my first week of owning the game, since I spent 90% of that time with the RPD.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I thought you were alright. Aside from my 18 and 2s and 30 and 4s, I thought you kept a relative pace with me.
Meh. You're being encouraging, but we both know I spent most of my time at the bottom three spots on the leaderboard. I'm the first to admit that I'm no MW2 guru, but I swear that I do seem to have some of my absolute worst stretches when I'm running with fellow 'NNers.

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
My humble opinion is that having a silencer is the best add-on for any weapon. No red-dot on the non HC games, no flash showing your position, and the sound is dispersed so that even if you shoot next to an enemy its harder for him to find you.

With the addition of Xmas noobs, I'm getting some ridiculous scores with my silenced commando class.
I've slowly been getting away from the grenade launcher and starting to slap on the silencer. I had previously heard from several friends who play that they hated the silencer and found it useless, so I had to overcome a bit of that to even try it out (the XP from challenges didn't hurt either).

I was unaware of the sound being dispersed. Glad you brought it up.

I had my first jaw-dropping throwing knife kill the other day, but absolutely no one to share it with. Even Uncharted 2 has a quality theater mode. Some friends and I play together, run up the score on Plunder, and then spend about 2 minutes at the highest point in the map "pumping." If there was a way to upload it straight from theater mode, I'd show you guys what I mean.

I have had quite a few long-distance kills with the grenade launcher that required some decent timing/skill, but dozens of times when I felt, "Well, that was just a bit cheap." I'm getting away from it, but if I'm really trying to spark some killstreak action, it's good for an easy first two kills, so I find myself coming back to it from time to time.

This is part of why I usually try to put some distance between myself and teammates, apart from the fact that I'm usually the guy who is trying to flank. I'm so paranoid about this that when I find a good spot to patrol, and realize there's a teammate who barely beat me to it and is standing 5 feet away, I actually get a little embarrassed.

I still haven't gotten very good at this. Actually, I still suck at it.

Yeah, I hate that too. There's been a couple of the times when I try running away from a team-mate who's getting too close. At least until I can shoot down the aircraft.

That and the predator missile. Come on guys , don't gather together.
There's nothing more elated than popping open the laptop and seeing three or four red squares running along together outside. Nothing.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2010, 02:30 PM

Maybe I'm focusing a bit too much my accuracy right now (even as my K/D is slowly but steadily going up), but obviously if I pulled the accuracy up a little it would help some. I do know that my accuracy was at its worst during my first week of owning the game, since I spent 90% of that time with the RPD.

Meh. You're being encouraging, but we both know I spent most of my time at the bottom three spots on the leaderboard. I'm the first to admit that I'm no MW2 guru, but I swear that I do seem to have some of my absolute worst stretches when I'm running with fellow 'NNers.
I haven't taken a close look at your stats (I've been trying to get ahead of Fatty Mcblobicus, whoever that is), but last time I looked I saw you were at rank 45 which is a nice rank to be at, you've got Bling Pro and Cold-blooded by then, and have unlocked some decent guns. You seem to be steadily climbing the ranks.

Heck, I started at a K/D of 0.53 and now I'm at 1.06. I was at 1.08, but as long as I'm above 1, I'm happy. It also seems to take me longer than Dakar to get higher in score, since I don't get as many kills per game as him. I tend to average around 12 kills or so per game I think - some games more, some games less.

I've got nobody on my friends list that's even near Dakar. The last guy who was close, seems to have dropped off my friend's list.
MacBook Pro

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 12, 2010, 02:58 PM

I haven't taken a close look at your stats (I've been trying to get ahead of Fatty Mcblobicus, whoever that is), but last time I looked I saw you were at rank 45 which is a nice rank to be at, you've got Bling Pro and Cold-blooded by then, and have unlocked some decent guns. You seem to be steadily climbing the ranks.
I'm not horrible, but from what I've seen MW2 has a knack for making almost everyone feel overwhelmed at times. I spend a good amount of time wishing I was progressing a little quicker.

Heck, I started at a K/D of 0.53 and now I'm at 1.06. I was at 1.08, but as long as I'm above 1, I'm happy. It also seems to take me longer than Dakar to get higher in score, since I don't get as many kills per game as him. I tend to average around 12 kills or so per game I think - some games more, some games less.
Anyone with a positive K/D is doing pretty good in my book. You said you average around 12 kills per game, but how many deaths do you average? I can rack up kills, but my death rate is often among the worst on my team.

I've got nobody on my friends list that's even near Dakar. The last guy who was close, seems to have dropped off my friend's list.
I think this is part of my problem. There are three groups I've run with a bit: my family/friends, students, and 'NN. My family and friends are horrible, but two of my students pull off Dakar-like stats. At least three of the people that I play with are bordering on ridiculous levels, Dakar being one of them. Being a secretly competitive person, this drives me crazy.

When I find myself matched up against him in TDM, I might get killed by him four times in one match, but that one time I get lucky and kill him (almost never) results in an overly dramatic fist pump celebration.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 12, 2010, 03:05 PM

Had a good game on Afghan last night: 37-11. I was holding practically the entire enemy team at bay as they were trying to get into the cave.
The cave, eh? I find the bunker much more defensible. I probably haven't spent more than 5 or 10 minutes in the cave out of all my gameplay.

Yes. I call it the "classic."

I have that combo except for the Predator Missile. I have the care package instead.

Sometimes I'll switch the Pave Low to an Emergency Air Drop. I prefer the Pave Low when I won't have a chance to get out of a building(s) much (ex. the house on Estate).
Care package and Emergency airdrop? You're quite the gambler, on multiple levels. When I was banging out my emergency airdrop challenges I lost so many packages because I didn't care about them. On a few occasions I considered chucking the marker somewhere I knew no one would be able to get to them from.

Yeah, focus on your playing. Accuracy isn't key, particularly if you were rocking the RPD.

It's not about leaderboard location, it's about k/d ratio. I'm rarely at the top.

I have had quite a few long-distance kills with the grenade launcher that required some decent timing/skill, but dozens of times when I felt, "Well, that was just a bit cheap." I'm getting away from it, but if I'm really trying to spark some killstreak action, it's good for an easy first two kills, so I find myself coming back to it from time to time.
Yeah, the gl is cheap for those close-mid kills. The rest is respectable, as long as you're not spamming.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 12, 2010, 03:10 PM

Actually I crunched the numbers, and I average around 11 kills and 5 deaths per game. SO if you're doing 12, you're outpacing me.

I think this is part of my problem. There are three groups I've run with a bit: my family/friends, students, and 'NN. My family and friends are horrible, but two of my students pull off Dakar-like stats. At least three of the people that I play with are bordering on ridiculous levels, Dakar being one of them. Being a secretly competitive person, this drives me crazy.
Yeah, welcome to my Halo 3 days.

Forum Links
Forum Rules