Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Flic Scanner cable?

Flic Scanner cable?
Spirit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 17, 2008, 05:47 PM

Hi there

I've been digging through the forums, without finding an answer....

When I got my Flic Bluetooth scanner from DL it didn't came with the serial cable in it's box? is that normal?
As the bundles from Macrovision seems too? Would that be the reason why they have them cheaper...?

The reason being it's the only way to update the firmware in the bluetooth scanner, and having some issue with SerialMagic with it and going through the support with them they asked my what firmware was on the scanner, thats when I realized I didn't had the cable with it :S

EDIT: Sorry some bundles seems to come with it... anyway just asking

Delicious Monster
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 24, 2008, 04:10 AM

Nope, we sell them cheaper because we buy them in bulk from Microvision and then sell them at basically our cost, because they are a really cool addition to DL.

If you bought a scanner from us before January, 2008, it's a Flic, and those originally came with a RS-232 cable which is incompatible with virtually every modern Mac, so we stopped including them and made shipping cheaper.

If you got a scanner after January 2008, you've got a Microvision ROV. A *much* better scanner, but the cable isn't included--even when you purchase through Microvision directly. You'll have to buy it separately from them. http://www.microvision.com/barcode/products/index.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules