Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Lots of Mac Stuff *East Yorkshire, UK*

FS: Lots of Mac Stuff *East Yorkshire, UK*
fire3500
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 08:48 AM

Hi,

I am selling a few bits and bobs including this item, my 15" PowerBook G4 1.5Ghz, in order to fund upgrade to Intel Macintosh.

The computer is in excellent condition and has been carefully looked after. It will come with original software (10.3 Panther) discs but for sale I have performed a clean install of OS X 10.4 Tiger.

I am looking to sell only to buyers in the UK. I'm located in East Yorkshire and will accept cash, bank transfer or cheque (computer only released upon payment clearance).

£700 o.b.o

Please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks for your interest
Ian

fire3500  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 08:52 AM

Hi,

I am selling a non-working iBook 12". Suspected HDD failure and a couple of keys now missing. Battery still holds charge and case etc is in good condition.

I will accept cash, bank transfer or cheque (computer released upon clearance of cheque)

£? You tell me! :-)

Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks for your interest
Ian

fire3500  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 08:59 AM

Hi

Apologies for non-Apple item but I'm looking to shift my old 12" Vaio as part of my fund-raising for getting an Intel Mac.

http://www.vaio-link.com/common/spec...k&H=yes&ID=244

I recently upgraded the 15Gb HDD to a more useful 60Gb capacity, otherwise it's as per the factory. Included are all the anciliaries such as port replicator, CD-ROM drive, floppy drive and all discs and documentation.

Condition is good, and included is the original Windows 2000 OS and the OS I've more recently been running, Ubuntu. It's a great little Linux machine and quite speedy still, unless you whack XP on it, it will run but creaks a bit. This is not a WoW machine ;-)

I will be pleased to accept cash, bank transfer and cheque (computer will be released upon clearance of cheque).

Please contact me at [email protected].

£200 o.b.o

fire3500  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 09:03 AM

Hi,

I recently upgraded myself to a wireless Mighty Mouse, and no longer have use for my original Apple Wireless Mouse.

I'd like to offer this for sale, it's in good condition and although it lacks the features of the newer bluetooth mouse it certainly benefits from the more attractive design of the original Pro Mouse rather than the cheaper looking Mighty Mouse (progress eh?)

Please email me at [email protected]

I'm looking for £20 o.b.o. for this mouse, which is a considerable saving from new and I'll even throw in some fresh batteries.

Payment by cash, bank transfer or cheque (cheque to clear before item released) is fine with me.

Many thanks for your interest
Ian

fire3500  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 09:09 AM

Hi,

I have the following Power Macintosh computers for clearout... all sold as seen, best offer, buyer collects:

Power Macintosh 8600/240 base unit only
Power Macintosh 5400/180 base unit only
Power Macintosh G3 300Mhz B&W

contact me at [email protected]

Thanks for your interest
Ian

fire3500  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 09:12 AM

Hi,

I am clearing out my old computers and looking for a new home for my original iMac G3. Been a great little computer and presently running OS X 10.2 Jaguar with ease.

I'm looking for £50 o.b.o. for this little guy, please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks for your interest
Ian

fire3500  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 09:15 AM

Hi,

Part of my financing of my upgrade to Intel is the sale of my 22" LaCie monitor. This is a great high quality monitor and has provided brilliant service with my Power Macintosh G4.

I'm looking for £100 o.b.o. for my monitor. Please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks for your interest
Ian

fire3500  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 11, 2006, 09:20 AM

Hi,

Considered by many to be the best-looking of the stylish G4 Power Macintosh towers this Quicksilver 933Mhz is a great machine.

I run this as my everyday desktop at present and am typing this ad on it now. It's running OS X 10.4.8 without a glitch and does me proud for iLife, MS Office, Adobe CS2 and a whole bunch of other tasks such as being my home webserver, fileserver, printserver etc.

I'm only selling this computer to fund my upgrade to Intel and am trying to be realistic about its value. I am looking for £300 o.b.o. for the base unit, keyboard and mouse.

Please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks for your interest
Ian

techound1
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2006, 08:14 PM

Wow, impressive building of post count there.

fire3500  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2006, 08:43 AM

Sorry Techound, I don't understand.

I'm hoping that some of my gear could be of interest to another Apple enthusiast, as I'm saving for an Intel machine.

I'm a reasonably long-term member of MacNN, I like the site a lot. However... I like to think that there's a little more to my life than building post count, such ambitions seem somewhat nerdy.

Thanks for your comment though, I'll think it over.

Cheers
Ian

Forum Links
Forum Rules