Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Car phone Warehouse wierdness

Car phone Warehouse wierdness
DiGi-C
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2008, 05:29 PM

Hi all,

I've had a bit of trouble with my order from CPW and just wondered if anyone else has had similar problems....

I ordered the phone while it was in stock last Monday from CPW, all went well and I completed the order within 10ish minutes, happy days...

Come Thursday night I was pretty excited about reciving it that I didn't sleep at all (well, not JUST cos of it, theres other factors I wont go into). Anyway, I checked my inbox for the confimation it had left but didn't have it, thought it was just a bug in the system so waited, checked the CPW delivery site, nothing. Come lunch time my heart sank as I phoned CPW CS, and after a lenghy wait I got through to someone who sounded like they'd just woke up, all they could say is 'We don't know whats going on, that phone is in high demand' - Explaining it was a pre order they said that the coriour might be delivering it Saturday morning, and a few hours later I got this emaill;

'Thank you for ordering the iPhone 3G!

You'll be pleased to know that you'll soon be on your way to becoming the owner of this revolutionary mobile phone.

We're currently experiencing high demand for this product, so there maybe a small delay with the delivery of your new iPhone 3G. But don't worry this will be sent to you on Saturday 12th July.

If you have chosen to have it delivered at home, our courier Citylink will deliver it. If no one is available to sign for the delivery, a card will be left with contact details so you can rearrange it at a more convenient time. Deliveries will be made between 9am - 5.30pm and unfortunately we cannot specify an exact time. If you have chosen to have it delivered to store, you will need to bring the card with chip and pin you used to order it for identification.'

Excellent I thought....

Still nothing.

I can't afford to ring CS again after the first hour long call so my Dad rang from work where he has free calls, apparently they should deliver it by Friday 18th now (this friday)...

Really I've never experienced such bad organisation from CPW and am quite shocked how they're handling this really. I understand that it's in high demand but I feel that they've kinda mislead me a bit.

Sorry for ranting, just wanted to explain it fully, its really annoyed me the last few days after waiting so long...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, money left my account but no credit check confimation email so I presume the credit check went alright...
( Last edited by DiGi-C; Jul 15, 2008 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Missed a few details)

Parky
Mac Elite
Jul 15, 2008, 06:35 PM

They have broken the law if they have taken money from your account before they have shipped the product.
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

DiGi-C  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 15, 2008, 07:01 PM

Really? I didn't know that, thanks, The money left Friday morning according to my bank, I'll be seriously enquiring about that tomorrow!

DiGi-C  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 16, 2008, 03:27 PM

Update: Just got the dispatch email off CPW saying it'll be delivered tomorrow, happy as larry now but burnt from the experience.

Forum Links
Forum Rules