Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > A pattern in Apple's new product introduction?

A pattern in Apple's new product introduction?
DoraExplorer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 22, 2004, 10:11 PM

oK this is probably a silly question, but I'm just curious. Does Apple follow a specific order in updating its lines? I mean if the new iMac comes out in September, what would would be next?

I have a 600mhz G3 iBook (P29?), and I'm trying to decide when to get a new one. There's no big hurry, but if iBooks aren't due to be upgraded for a long time, I guess I might start looking at one now.

On the other hand, if new iBooks are due within 6-9 months, I'll just wait.

radarbob
Forum Regular
Jul 22, 2004, 11:08 PM

sure there's a pattern. You won't see a model upgraded twice w/o other parts of the mac line upgraded in between. You'll never see an iBook temporarily "out spec" the powerbook in anticipation of an imminant powerbook upgrade.

On average it seems like iBook is getting some kind of tweak every six months or so; with major changes every couple of years, maybe sooner. But that's just my sense of it. I didn't take notes.
bb iBook 300MHz / OS 9.2.2 / OS 10.2.2 / 544MB / 40GB
iceBook 700MHz / OS 10.2.2 / 368MB / 20GB

Voch
Mac Elite
Jul 23, 2004, 08:12 AM

Take a look at the MacRumors Buyer's Guide to see the recent history of Apple's hardware releases.

Voch

Forum Links
Forum Rules