Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > citibank petition

citibank petition
macfly
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 31, 2003, 04:01 PM

i've been reading a bunch of forums and a number of people have been pissed since citibank online banking doesnt work with safari. at first i assumed it was a safari problem and sent apple a few reports...the more i read the more it appears that its just citibanks programmers using javscript that wont work with standard browsers (i could be wrong). it makes more sense to me to send comments to the banks to let them know that there are plenty of mac users who would like to bank with them but cant online since they only code for IE and windows. either a petition of just a link that everyone could ask for support on would be a great idea..so many people look at these forums that, hell, even if you dont do online banking with citibank it would be supporting the mac cause in general...
would people be up for it? i will try to post the link to the support page...
thanks
munching magic pills and listening to
repetitive electronic music....

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2003, 07:19 AM

Yeah, Citibank Online is disappointing, but then again their whole outfit is as well. I'm planning to move to a different bank that doesn't charge service fees. Anyway, although Safari doesn't work, I didn't have any problems using Mozilla.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

superfula
Senior User
Nov 1, 2003, 03:23 PM

Are you talking about the online credit card part, or the actual online banking part? Safari works fine for me with online citibank credit card part

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 1, 2003, 04:22 PM

Yeah, I'm talking about banking. It loads the first page and displays the standard "Please Wait, I'm Working On It." message, but it never loads your page. Other browsers display that message a couple of times and then display your information.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

ClaraT
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 1, 2004, 12:12 PM

Originally posted by Big Mac:
Yeah, I'm talking about banking. It loads the first page and displays the standard "Please Wait, I'm Working On It." message, but it never loads your page. Other browsers display that message a couple of times and then display your information.

Just discovered what you've been discussing about citibank not being compatible with Safari and absolutely citibank needs to get with the program.

Which browser would you recommend downloading in order to keep baking with citibank--Mozilla or IE 5.2? When I was in OS 9 I used Mozilla because I really don't want anything Microsoft near me. And now that I have my brand new ibook G4 I don't want to load it up with a bunch of crappy browsers.

And. . .can anyone recommend a good online bank instead of citibank?

thanks,

clarat

OptimusG4
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2004, 12:18 PM

Bank One works great for me. I switched from CitiBank for that reason and made sure I told the customer service rep my exact reason, that I needed a bank that supported my browser of choice and not the choice of some "web programmer".
"Another classic science-fiction show cancelled before its time" ~ Bender

15.2" PowerBook 1.25GHz, 80GB HD, 768MB RAM, SuperDrive

Moonray
Mac Elite
Mar 1, 2004, 03:59 PM

I don't know what the big problem is, the solution is to switch. Not the Mac or the browser but the bank.

-

schwa
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2004, 12:46 PM

I use Citibank w/Safari- just set the User Agent to MSIE.

gbhgbh
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2004, 12:10 AM

> Just discovered what you've been discussing about citibank not being compatible with Safari [...]
> And. . .can anyone recommend a good online bank instead of citibank?

Try the Gomez site for reviews of online banking. Unfortunately, Citibank is ranked at the top.
http://www.gomez.com/main.aspx?m=5&s=2&tc=1

iamnotmad
Senior User
Mar 3, 2004, 08:50 AM

Yup, I use citibank banking as well. I've been struggling with this too.

Funny thing is both mozilla/firefox and even Omniweb work (and omni uses safari code for a lot of stuff!!)

My solution has been to use firefox for now, send feedback to safari, and hope for the best.

addiecool
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 3, 2004, 02:47 PM

I am in India and Citibank Online at www.citibank.co.in works perfectly without changing anything.
iMac Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz 20", 1.5 GB RAM, 250GB
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 17", 512 MB RAM, 160GB
iPod Video 5G 60GB White
Mighty Mouse sucks - "Bought the Logitech 518 Gaming mouse"
USB 2.0 Hard Drive Sucked - "Bought a Firewire Hard Disk"

Forum Links
Forum Rules