Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > using mobile phone via mac

using mobile phone via mac
mmurray
Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2006, 04:27 AM

Is there an application which enables me to use a USB headset on my mac, connect to my bluetooth mobile phone using bluetooth and dial and answer and talk? I know there are app's for dialing. Actually I would pass on dialing if I could just use the laptop + headset as a (very expensive) bluethooth handsfree for the mobile.

Thanks - Michael

PS. Why not just pick up the phone and use it? Two reasons: 1. I have the headset in to use VOIP on my home line and want to switch to making a work call on my mobile. It would be convenient to just use the same headset. 2. The headset keeps the mobile further away from my brain :-)

Apfhex
Mac Elite
May 18, 2006, 02:16 PM

Does your phone have a handsfree accessory? You could then plug your headset into that and use it directly from the phone. I'm not sure how possible it is to use your Mac as a headset.
Mac OS X 10.5.0, Mac Pro 2.66GHz/2 GB RAM/X1900 XT, 23" ACD
esdesign

mmurray  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2006, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Apfhex
Does your phone have a handsfree accessory? You could then plug your headset into that and use it directly from the phone. I'm not sure how possible it is to use your Mac as a headset.
No there is nowhere you can plug a USB headset. I have a bluetooth handsfree. It just struck me that somehow I should be able to get the mac + usb headset to behave like a bluetooth handsfree.

Thanks - Michael

Forum Links
Forum Rules