Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > I want pre-Leopard icons back!

I want pre-Leopard icons back!
FrozenTaco
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2007, 01:38 PM

Does anyone know where I can find a set of Tiger (or earlier) icons? For example, I really miss the pre-Leopard System Preferences icon and would love to get that back.

Dunno, there's something about that little light switch that is just so comforting!

Professional Poster
Dec 13, 2007, 08:54 PM

Shameless Plug, but you might want to check out this icons set: it's not tiger, but it's not those leopard folders. As for the light switch, I'm sure someone with tiger can send you theirs. In fact, I might be able to get it from my old eMac.
( Last edited by 0157988944; Jan 5, 2015 at 05:35 PM. )

SpaceCat85
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 14, 2007, 12:34 PM

You might be able to find them inside the Tiger version of Lite Icon (right click > Show Package Contents). I didn't use that one, but the Leopard version definitely has full backups of the icons within the app itself. What form they'd be in for Tiger, though, I have no clue.

medicman55
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2007, 10:03 PM

I agree, I'm disappointed with the Leopard set of folders. I wish there was at least a different color scheme to them. A manilla color, maybe?

Taylor C
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 15, 2007, 11:15 PM

CandyBar exists for a reason. Check out Jonas Rask's newly released Maji collection.
15" MacBook Pro - 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo - 2GB - 7200RPM 160GB HD
20" iMac - 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo - 1 GB - 250GB
8GB iPhone

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 16, 2007, 01:30 PM

I think the Leopard folders are really beautiful, the bigger size the more beauty they exhale, anyway you can download the brown ones Apple had in 10.5 testing builds from the link below

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

medicman55
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 16, 2007, 10:04 PM

Awesome, those were exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much!

Kevin
Baninated
Dec 17, 2007, 09:16 AM

I love the new icons. I have 10.4 on my work computer still (waiting for a more stable version of 10.5..) and I replaced all folders with the 10.5 look.

MUCH better. The production administrator wants me to do it to her computer because she likes these new folders better. She said they looked "Cleaner" and I agree.

I am THRILLED with the look of the folders themselves. Not too happy with the way Apple made the special folders look. Not distinct enough. Pretty in a "ooooh" sort of way, but not great in a GUI design usage way.

Forum Links
Forum Rules