Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Rachel Stevens' Testicular Cancer Ad

Rachel Stevens' Testicular Cancer Ad
Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2005, 08:34 PM

Pop star Rachel Stevens today helped launch a raunchy new advert in efforts to get men to pay more attention to their health.

The advert – which can be viewed at www.rachelgetsfruity.com – aims to encourage men to check their testicles regularly for changes which could be a sign of cancer.

A scantily-clad Stevens alluringly invites men to put their hands down their trousers, explaining how they should examine themselves.

The sexy singer uses a plum to show how men should check for lumps and bumps and changes in shape.

The tongue-in-cheek ad – launched as part of Everyman Male Cancer Awareness Month – includes a serious health message about the risks of testicular cancer, which is the most common cancer in men aged 15 to 45.

The past 20 years has seen a dramatic rises in cases of the disease and there are now around 2,000 men diagnosed every year.

But early diagnosis is crucial, and if caught soon enough the cure rate is 99%.

Stevens said: “Sometimes men need a little encouragement to think about their health.

“The Everyman ad is a fun way of raising awareness of a serious subject and will hopefully help to get the message across to men about testicular cancer and give them something to think about.

“I’m delighted to be able to help.”

Philip Black, from the Everyman campaign, said: “Rachel is consistently voted as every man’s dream girl so she is perfect for the Everyman advert and the audience of young men aged 15-45 that we want to reach.

“We’re sure with her fun and sexy style that Rachel will get men to listen and learn.

“Everyone who has worked on this ad has given their time completely free to help Everyman, a commitment which we appreciate enormously.

“Thanks to them, we hope many more young men will spot the signs of testicular cancer early and get successful treatment.”

An email campaign will include a link to the site where the advert can be seen.

The website – rachelgetsfruity.com – will be active from 7pm today (Friday June 3).

oh yeahh! I couldn't believe this kind of cancer gets develop in such a young age (15).

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Jun 3, 2005, 08:49 PM

She's yummy.

Lovely tummy

Oh, and I have my testicles checked very often

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 3, 2005, 10:20 PM

"See, its not that hard, is it? Oh, I guess it is."

Funny.

She is pretty hot, though.

Kilbey
Baninated
Jun 3, 2005, 11:53 PM

I sent a link of this to every man I know.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2005, 12:45 AM

Can she check me? I'm in need of a checkup.

brapper
Professional Poster
Jun 4, 2005, 12:52 AM

best commercial ever.

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2005, 08:19 AM

Haha, good one!

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

xi_hyperon
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 4, 2005, 08:30 AM

I sent this to my wife. It's only fair that she handle this for me, as I am responsible for her regular breast exams.

SimpleLife
Mac Elite
Jun 4, 2005, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by xi_hyperon
I sent this to my wife. It's only fair that she handle this for me, as I am responsible for her regular breast exams.
"I scratch your back and you scratch mine" kind of thing...

Forum Links
Forum Rules