Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Some advice on getting some cheap parts.

Some advice on getting some cheap parts.
Synotic
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2003, 04:16 PM

OK, here's the deal. I recently bought a new 15" Aluminum PowerBook so therefore I needed to sell my Nov. TiBook. Before I did that I needed to get a new "U" key that had a piece of plastic snap when I was rearranging my keys. I also needed a rubber foot which is MIA. Otherwise my TiBook is in perfect shape, no scratches or dents, dead pixels etc... I figured I wanted to get the key/rubber foot as soon as possible so I just ordered from pbparts despite their rather inflated prices. 5 bucks for each item. Then I paid 4 books for the uninsured/nontracked shipping. I suppose this was my mistake but I really did not feel like paying more than what they sold for a U key. 20 bucks for what I should get for about a dollar at a store isn't worth it. Anyways, so I ordered on the 16th, and the people who handle mail here apparently had it on Friday, but are now claiming that they never got it.

So I need to sell my PB, yet need these parts and am out of 14 bucks. I am going to see if I can try and get my money refunded or if they can send again but have it insured this time (I won't pay on top of the 14 I already paid however). But the reason for my post is; is there a better way to get these parts? I know that sometimes people just send these things away in envelopes when they have a dead PowerBook and then have the person pay shipping. I have a 15" Titanium PowerBook 1GHz, released in Nov. of last year. If anyone had a rubber foot and a U key or even just one and could mail it to me I would really appreciate it. I could pay an additional 3 bucks per item including shipping or like 5 bucks for both. Or is there another store that sells these for cheaper?

Thanks for reading my post, I realize it's really fragmented and jumps around a lot but I am really annoyed right now.

Forum Links
Forum Rules