Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Silk question: Different fonts for different areas?

Silk question: Different fonts for different areas?
Jasoco
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 03:50 PM

Is it possible with Silk to have one font on the menubar and a different one for the rest of the screen? And maybe a different one all together for the Finder icons. Etc?

Or is it just limited to simple replacement?

I'd love to have one font in the menubar (And perhaps the title bar of windows as well.) completely and then the rest of the fonts on the screen be completely different. The reason being that the menubar is simple in how it's rendered you can use any font you want with no worries of it being cut off. But use that same font (Say Lucida Handwriting) in another part of the screen (Say as a total replacement) and things get unreadable and cut off. So it's a mess. You can understand why I'd want a more readable font for the stuff you need to read.

So, simple question, yes or no I can or can't have multiple fonts? (Frankly, Silk seems to be the least Mac like Unsanity app I've seen. It's confusing.)

digitaljames
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 10:36 PM

It's a no I'm afraid.....

Jasoco  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 31, 2006, 10:39 PM

I would think Unsanty could at least allow special separate customization of font areas that are always where you expect them to be. Like menubars. Menubars will always be there. So couldn't they figure that out and allow it to be changed independently?

Rosyna
Forum Regular
Nov 1, 2006, 04:47 PM

this is planned, but there is no date or eta for this feature.

Forum Links
Forum Rules