Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Mail 3.0 won't receive when open!?

Mail 3.0 won't receive when open!?
gradient
Mac Elite
Nov 11, 2007, 01:13 PM

I've started having a strange problem with Leopard Mail. When I first open it, it will receive all my incoming mail without issue, but once it's open it will not receive at all. I have to quit and reopen it to receive any more messages. It's not giving me any error messages at all - when I hit the receive button, I simply see not actions being taken in the Mail Activity pane at all.

Does anyone have an idea on fixing this?

alex_kac
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 12, 2007, 12:58 AM

Are you using IMAP? If so, are you using server side Rules?

ph0ust
Senior User
Nov 12, 2007, 09:02 PM

interesting, i saw this PRIOR to using leopard under tiger. i would open mail and it would get my mail (all imap accounts) and work for a totally random amount of time and then stop working. i'd have to close and re-open to get mail. i asked about the issue here and no one knew what to do. now that i have been using leopard, i still randomly close mail and re-open to see if i still miss things, but all seems to work.

bummer for you. i know how frustrating that issue is. if you find out what causes it please let us/me know! good luck.

gradient  (op)
Mac Elite
Nov 13, 2007, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by alex_kac View Post
Are you using IMAP? If so, are you using server side Rules?
Yes I'm using IMAP but I'm not using any server rules. I haven't changed anything at all on the server since I first set it up so it's a change that has occured on the Mail side since my upgrade to Leopard. Interestingly, Mail on my iPhone has no issues receiving on the same account.

tolgacan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 14, 2007, 03:57 PM

I have the same problem since I upgraded to Leopard. I am using IMAP on 4 accounts. On Tiger I had no problems at all with the same configuration.

I even tried deleting all account settings and mail preferences from user>library but didn't help.

I am desperately seeking for a solution to this issue since it is annoying to close and open mail again and again to check for new mails.

Forum Links
Forum Rules