Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > THEOS Corona - Any manuals or good info out there?

THEOS Corona - Any manuals or good info out there?
gradient
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2007, 03:04 AM

Does anyone know of a good resource for assistance with the THEOS Corona operating system? It is a rare breed in that there is zero good info I can find online after a decent amount of searching. I use it at work and have become the defacto system admin as, even though my knowledge of it is pretty limited, nobody else has any clue how it works or has any interest in learning.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. THEOS does have a help section that I've been reading through, but It's fairly slim on real world examples which I find make it much easier to learn, especially when I don't really have the luxury of making mistakes.

Thanks.

gradient  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2007, 02:45 AM

I thought I would give this a bump..... has anyone here even HEARD of THEOS?

edit: not trying to be a prick, I seriously wonder if anyone has even heard of this damn operating system considering that I can't seem to find a single bit of useful info on it.

msuper69
Professional Poster
Dec 8, 2007, 07:10 AM

A Google search returns the company's web site as the very first hit from wherein you can download this manual (login required - which I assume you have if you're a licensed user of the software):

http://www.theos-software.com/SDK/Download/Manual/

gradient  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2007, 09:37 PM

Therein lies part of the problem. All my attempts to contact the company to register have resulted in no response from them. When my company purchased the OS we weren't provided with any reference material and our dealer can't provide me with any information, telling me to refer to the Theos help app instead. The help app, though, is pretty fragmented and the opposite of user friendly.

I guess I might actually have to use a telephone to contact them....ewwwww.

Freestone
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 13, 2007, 01:00 PM

I have a full THEOS license I would love to sell, if someone is interested in learning more without paying full price. It is leftover from a failed development project (the developer failed, not the OS). Includes dongle and valid serial number and authorization codes; everything else you need you can download once you have these.

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 13, 2007, 01:20 PM

Freestone, that almost definitely belongs in the Marketplace forum, but I'm letting it slide for now because this is the only THEOS thread I can remember seeing.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

jhillestad
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 18, 2007, 03:54 AM

Freestone,

How much are you asking for the Theos ? I would love to tinker with it.

John

ghporter
Administrator
Dec 18, 2007, 10:34 AM

Just a note. I've been waiting for half an hour to get the TheOS website to load. It just keeps spinning, "waiting for www.theos-software.com". Not a good sign at all.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules