Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iLife06

iLife06
Art Vandelay
Professional Poster
Jun 10, 2007, 01:19 PM

This seems very suspect since you can't just get iMovie '06 by itself. Apple doesn't provide it seperately from iLife '06. I'd say you don't have all the pieces necessary to install it. All of the iLife apps rely on more than one package to be installed properly.
Vandelay Industries

yoyoman
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 10, 2007, 01:25 PM

I have the imovie package 06 and I am trying to update my 05 and says install error. Any ideas?

ghporter
Administrator
Jun 10, 2007, 02:14 PM

With that much in-depth background information? LOTS of ideas. None of them worthwhile though.

What Mac are you trying to update this on? What OS version do you have? Are you using an iMovie 6-specific disc, or the whole iLife DVD?

You've basically said "Why." The best answer I can give (with what you've provided) is "Who knows?"

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

yoyoman
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 11, 2007, 01:08 AM

104.9 orginal 17 inch powerbook.

My freind got my ilife 06 and just got the imovie package from with his skills and loaded it to my external 250gig hd while ago and i had formated my computer as I erased every thing on accident. Moved to a new location lost my dvd some where in my boxes and I just have the imovie package. If someone can help me great but if I am going to get the run around or 3rd degree than I will just end it at this.

Thanks

Art Vandelay  (op)
Professional Poster
Jun 11, 2007, 01:59 AM

I told you what the likely problem is... you don't have all of it. There is more to it than just the iMovie package. The iMovie.mpkg requires other packages to completely install iMovie.

And is it too much to ask for people to proof read their posts?
Vandelay Industries

Forum Links
Forum Rules