Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Digital Voice Recorder

Digital Voice Recorder
Liquidity X
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2005, 09:38 AM

Can any one recommend a affordable mac compatible digital voice recorder?

Madrag
Senior User
Nov 22, 2005, 02:38 PM

what kind of quality do you need?

I got one three years ago (they don't sell it anymore, I think), it's an archos Ondio.
Not the best, and also has some noise, but the quality is good enough for some recordings.

The best thing is when some nice fellows created a better non-official firmware which improves everything, it even alows you to play games and see movies (very poor quality, but the idea is very nice!).

JRDasher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 4, 2006, 03:48 PM

I looking for one as well. I want one that I can use a lapel mic so I can record my sermons. Then import it to iTunes for burning to CD.
God bless You.

jhogarty
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 4, 2006, 04:44 PM

I recently picked up a package deal from BSW which included a Marantz PMD6660, a Seinnheiser mic, Sony headphones and bag. The recording quality on this gear blew me away.

I had purchased a mic for my iPod which does so-so recording. The setup above is pricey, but the results are great. At least for me it has proven to be a great investment.

J.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this device records to CF Memory and comes with a 64MB card. It has a USB connector and you hook it up right to your Mac.
Converted 4/29/05
G5 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 1 Gig Ram
G5 Dual 2.5Ghz Power Mac, X800 XT, 2.5 Gig Ram, 23" ACD
G4 Mac Mini 1.5GHz, 512MB Ram, 64MB VRam, Int. Modem
MacBook Pro 2.00GHz, X1600-256MB, 2.0 Gig Ram, 100GB 7200RPM HD, USB Modem

Forum Links
Forum Rules