Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Epson636U Software?

Epson636U Software?
daves666
Jul 18, 2000, 01:29 PM

HI:

Does anybody out there have anything good or bad to say about the scanning software that comes with the Epson 636U. I would love to see a screen shot of the interface but I can't find much info on it at Epson's site.

Thanks!

Evangellydonut
Mac Elite
Jul 18, 2000, 02:23 PM

The scanning software is pretty good, at least in my opinion. Now, if I can get photoshop to color-sync correctly with my display and my printer, then everything will be peachy.

Oh yeah, did I mention I think the idea of one touch scanning is useless?

Perfection 636U is ranked #1 scanner under $500 by ZdNet, when it comes to speed and accuracy, if that means anything.

I can send you some screen shots when I get home later tonight.

(One more random bit) While it still have minor problems when it comes to TextBridge, I find the errors of the Perfection to be consistant (and less than that of my previous SCSI scanner), which means you can "teach" TextBridge to correct for them easier.
G4/450, T-bird 1.05GHz, iBook 500, iBook 233...4 different machines, 4 different OSes...(9, 2k, X.1, YDL2.2 respectively) PiA to maintain...

Forum Links
Forum Rules