Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > My 17" PowerBook's trip to the NC Beaches!

My 17" PowerBook's trip to the NC Beaches!
AssassyN
Professional Poster
Apr 23, 2003, 11:27 PM

Welp everyone, during this wonderful week off from classes during my Spring Break, I decided to head down to the beach for a day w/ my parents who have their camper setup at a campground down on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, and of course I couldn't resist taking my new 17" PowerBook to play with while I was there and to see the impressions of the people around!

So I made SURE no sand got on the machine, and had a great time with it...it was a beautiful day and I snapped some good shots of my new Apple portable being just that: a portable! The battery did wonderful, I got lots of "ooohs" and "ahhhs", and I had a blast!

You guys can see the pics by clicking here: Click Me! and you'll hafta either Login or Register for a SpyMac account and you can view them!

Enjoy the pics, and please lemme know whatcha think of them!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

iDORK
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2003, 02:46 AM

Looks like your 17" got a tan!
Really though, nice pictures!

Daniel Bayer
Mac Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2003, 02:31 PM

I have two Titanium Powerbooks, one 400 and one 1ghz. I also now have a dual 1.25GHZ G4 Powermac.

I use them for work and some pleasure. All of the machines are for use and not looks even though they are nice and gain them, sometimes kind of annoying actually, need to get work done, not awnser questions.

I guess I am getting tired of how superficial some folks are around here.

The 17 is a pretty machine, other than that, it's a computer.

Not to be mean, just think it's a bit obsessive and creepy is all.
"I'll take a extra layer of ram on that
gigaflop sandwich mister"

spaced
Forum Regular
Apr 24, 2003, 02:56 PM

Originally posted by Daniel Bayer:
I guess I am getting tired of how superficial some folks are around here.

The 17 is a pretty machine, other than that, it's a computer.

Not to be mean, just think it's a bit obsessive and creepy is all.
Ahh yes, an anti-superficial zealot from... Aspen, Colorado aka LA pt. 2?

Right...

Anyway, just shut your pie hole... he's having fun with his computer. What's wrong with that? No one is forcing you to look at his pictures.

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 24, 2003, 11:25 PM

LoL, thanks spaced!

I mean it's no different than getting a new car and wanting to take a million pictures...exact same concept. Better than being sad or depressed or something, eh?
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 25, 2003, 03:01 AM

nice pics. where did you get that Apple Spider wallpaper? can you post it? i would like to use that sometime.

i have to admit im jealous of your setup.
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2003, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by RMXO:
nice pics. where did you get that Apple Spider wallpaper? can you post it? i would like to use that sometime.

i have to admit im jealous of your setup.
Thanks bro!!!

I got that Spider desktop from www.macdesktops.com and you can find it easiest by simply searching for "poison" and it'll come right up in any resolution you want.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

dampeoples
Mac Elite
Apr 25, 2003, 09:46 AM

Nice pics. I haven't been to the outer banks in a long time, I need to take a trip

KeriVit
Professional Poster
Apr 25, 2003, 10:31 AM

You're a funny person- in a sick, twisted kinda way. I LIKE IT! Personally for me, I like bringing mine everywhere with me and taking it out for no reason other than to have people gawk at it. Maybe I oughta take some pics for my wallet for when I don't have my 17" PB around!

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 27, 2003, 11:26 PM

Originally posted by KeriVit:
You're a funny person- in a sick, twisted kinda way. I LIKE IT! Personally for me, I like bringing mine everywhere with me and taking it out for no reason other than to have people gawk at it. Maybe I oughta take some pics for my wallet for when I don't have my 17" PB around!
Definitely!!! And wherever you go, be sure to snap some pics & post them!
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

mcs37
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2003, 09:47 AM

Originally posted by spaced:
Ahh yes, an anti-superficial zealot from... Aspen, Colorado aka LA pt. 2?
We'll go to a place where the beer flows like wine. I'm talking about a place called Aspen....

mcs37
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2003, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by AssassyN:
I mean it's no different than getting a new car and wanting to take a million pictures...exact same concept.
Cars are boring. Quite frankly I find computers much more fascinating. Plus a geek like me can customize them, repair them, and wax philisophical about their use and application to life. The only car I've ever liked is the Audi TT (roadster|coupe). Other than that they don't interest me. However, the hybrids and fuel cell cars are pretty interesting.

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 28, 2003, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by mcs37:
Cars are boring. Quite frankly I find computers much more fascinating. Plus a geek like me can customize them, repair them, and wax philisophical about their use and application to life. The only car I've ever liked is the Audi TT (roadster|coupe). Other than that they don't interest me. However, the hybrids and fuel cell cars are pretty interesting.
Hehe, I was just making a little comparison. And by looking at my pics., I too, like the Audi TT.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

javabeans
Forum Regular
Apr 28, 2003, 08:36 PM

Isn't it a bad idea to have the LCD directly exposed under the sun? Just curious...
PB.17.1Ghz - iPod.10G

mrmister
Mac Elite
Apr 28, 2003, 08:54 PM

Nope.

beanman
Forum Regular
Apr 29, 2003, 02:56 AM

Gutsy move taking that thing out to the beach. I get antsy having water around the thing, yet alone sand. And I'm a careful person, but my dumb luck, I'll waste my 17" anyways. I have enough time taking it around town and using the wireless access here.

"Could you move your smoothie please?"

PowerBook 17" | 1GHz | 1Gb RAM | 60G

AssassyN  (op)
Professional Poster
Apr 29, 2003, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by beanman:
Gutsy move taking that thing out to the beach. I get antsy having water around the thing, yet alone sand. And I'm a careful person, but my dumb luck, I'll waste my 17" anyways. I have enough time taking it around town and using the wireless access here.

"Could you move your smoothie please?"
Hehe, the pictures don't exactly show how careful I was, but I treated it like a newborn child basically. LoL, I stayed far enough away from the water that no overspray came even remotely close or anything, so all was well.
5G 60GB video iPod
512MB iPod Shuffle
Westone UM1 Canalphones

Jayman20
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 29, 2003, 06:14 PM

We'll go to a place where the beer flows like wine. I'm talking about a place called Aspen....
LOL,

Oh I don't know Lloyd, the French are a$$holes..

Forum Links
Forum Rules