Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Remote Access in control strip?

Remote Access in control strip?
darylwm
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 17, 2002, 08:39 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get the Remote Access icon to reappear in the control strip? I took a few of the Control Strip modules out that I didn't need, but not anything that had to do with remote access and now its gone.

George Orville
Forum Regular
Jun 17, 2002, 09:28 PM

Your post is incomplete...You are looking for Remote Access in your Control Strip........ Is it in the Control Strip Module folder.....Find it with Sherlock....There are usually two reasons for a CSM not showing up in the control strip...
1. It is not in the Control Strip Module folder... or
2. The computor does not support it

bigbiker
bigbiker

darylwm  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 18, 2002, 09:57 AM

I have a 500 mHz iBook and I just re-installed the system software this weekend. Before that, there was a Remote Access module in the Control Strip. I DID take out a few modules that I didn't think I need: Location Manager, Media Bay, and 1 or 2 more, but nothing that said Remote Access.

I wonder if I did accidentally move the RA module to another folder or perhaps even accidentally deleted it. If I did delete, do I have to reinstall the system software?

Forum Links
Forum Rules