Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Macbook Air, less than one month old

FS: Macbook Air, less than one month old
Cottonsworth
Forum Regular
May 18, 2008, 09:52 PM

I purchased a Macbook Air from Amazon.com at the end of April. It doesn't have much usage and after a while, I decided it was not for me. I have not even registered it yet with Apple. It includes everything that it originally came with (box, install discs, power adapter, video cable, manuals, etc). There is one minor blemish on the case. I will take pictures of that tomorrow. Other than that the computer is absolutely flawless. It even still has that "new" computer smell.

I am asking $1500 or best reasonable offer. Thanks.

larrinski
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2008, 12:25 AM

Damn! I just bought one 2 days ago...Oh well. Seems to be a good price.
My Blog-pakos.me

UltimaLaw
Forum Regular
May 24, 2008, 02:10 PM

Still selling, we might be able to work something out?

Check out my thread as well: http://forums.macnn.com/59/marketpla...k-black-2-ghz/

-Eric
[email protected]
aim: eric0659
( Last edited by UltimaLaw; May 24, 2008 at 02:30 PM. )
15" Macbook Pro w/ Retina / 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB DDR3 Memory / 256 GB SSD / Backlit Keyboard / OSX El Capitan
Apple iPhone 6+ / 64GB (Silver) / Wi-Fi and AT&T LTE / Apple iPad 3rd Generation / 64GB Wi-Fi
New Apple TV 32GB / New Touchpad Remote / Netflix and Entire App Store (TWiT, YouTube, WatchESPN, TV Networks, Etc.)
Apple iPad Pro / 12.9" Retina Touchscreen / A9X Chip / 4-Speaker High-Fidelity Sound / Smart Keyboard Pro / Apple Pencil

Cottonsworth  (op)
Forum Regular
May 26, 2008, 01:41 AM

I have been busy so I haven't been able to post the pictures. I tried doing it right now but I do not seem to know how to do it. I have several pictures, if anyone is interested please pm me or post on this thread.

frederic_G
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2008, 03:25 AM

Hello I"m In France and interrested, would you ship to France (zip code 13007) ? And i assume that the keyboard is QWERTY ?
What will be the total cost included shipping & Paypal fees to above zipcode
regards

dibara
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2008, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by frederic_G View Post
Hello I"m In France and interrested, would you ship to France (zip code 13007) ? And i assume that the keyboard is QWERTY ?
What will be the total cost included shipping & Paypal fees to above zipcode
regards
... you seem to be in a buying spree here and on macrumors

frederic_G
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2008, 04:17 PM

buying spree?
i dont know all the subtility of english...but if you were at my place and have the euros at 1,557 USd, you'd like/ try to buy everything...
and i just asked for price...
especially mac with worldwide warranty and applecare for 199USD (120 €)...

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
May 27, 2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by frederic_G View Post
buying spree?
i dont know all the subtility of english...but if you were at my place and have the euros at 1,557 USd, you'd like/ try to buy everything...
and i just asked for price...
especially mac with worldwide warranty and applecare for 199USD (120 €)...
He's got a point. That's a MBA for 1.000 €. The MBA sells for 1.699 € on Apple's French site.

I'm sure almost anyone here in the US looking for a MBA would jump at the opportunity to buy a 1-month old MBA for $1,100.

Now, I'm not saying the guy is or is not a scammer. However, I can fully understand why he would want to purchase Apple products from here and have them shipped - much cheaper.

BTW, I hardly consider his one post here in this thread and one post over on macrumors (for a used iPod) a "buying spree".

frederic_G
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2008, 02:56 AM

For the used ipod on macrumors, the seller is not very "friendly" and threat me as "f..c..k scammer"...

so, BTW i just sent email to seller of the macbookair here to cancel my offer : the keyboard change(qwerty to azerty) will costs about 350€...so not so interrested for me.

Cottonsworth  (op)
Forum Regular
May 30, 2008, 10:38 AM

I still have this. Lowering the price to $1450 or best reasonable offer. I just paid $1800 for this four weeks ago and have the receipt to prove it.

plastiqueusa
Forum Regular
Jun 3, 2008, 12:36 AM

What does the case blemish look like? Where is it on the case?

Cottonsworth  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 5, 2008, 02:25 PM

I don't know how to describe it. If you pm me your email, I'll email you pictures.

Forum Links
Forum Rules