Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Delicious Monster > Registration Problems

Registration Problems
PatGund
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 28, 2008, 08:31 PM

I downloaded and installed DL2, looks good.

The problem came when I tried to give them the $20 + WA sales tax to upgrade. It kept rejecting my DL1 registration code, and telling me to contact support

Still no response from support either after 36 hours.

Anyone else having this problem??

DeliciousTerry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2008, 02:42 AM

I have thousands of emails to answer. Email me personally at [email protected] and I'll take a look.

PatGund  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 30, 2008, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by DeliciousTerry View Post
I have thousands of emails to answer. Email me personally at [email protected] and I'll take a look.
Thanks, done just that

Verus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2008, 03:23 AM

Hi!
I've exactly the same problem. I sent an email to support 4 days ago and have not received any answer yet. I really thought it would be easier to upgrade,,,

frido:mac
Jun 1, 2008, 05:34 AM

Same problem here (Case ID 32463). I think customer support is getting flooded with emails at the moment, so we might have to be patient..:-)

Bye, Frido (Part-time Help Desk guy, I know what the DM people are going through!).

PatGund  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2008, 06:25 PM

Terry -

I still haven't heard back. Sent you a follow up email

- Patrick

DeliciousTerry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2008, 06:49 PM

Patrick--you now have your license.

So hear is the deal with the version 1 licenses that won't upgrade. Back in 2005, shortly after the release of the original Delicious Library, the store was flooded with orders--too many to handle. It went all wonky and decided to overwrite a few thousand licenses. We long since switched to a new, much more reliable, and faster store, but the new store doesn't recognize those lost licenses as valid, and therefore won't let you upgrade them. For these people I will issue a free upgrade, but it has to be done manually, and it's going to take some time to get to everyone. For those of you who purchased Delicious Library between January 2005 and April 2005, I apologize endlessly for the wait and trouble, and beg your understanding.

Thanks so much for supporting our little application.

PatGund  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 5, 2008, 07:29 PM

Terry -

Thanks! Got the new code!

- Patrick

BKBarclay
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 8, 2008, 09:40 AM

Same problem for me. I purchased my license on Feb. 19, 2005. I have sent Terry an email directly and hope to be able to add items to DL2. My response to DM Support on 5/29 has been unanswered.

BKB

stevesf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 11, 2008, 10:04 AM

I have the same problem. I purchased my license the same day as BKBarclay, Feb. 19, 2005. I'm glad to read here that it's a recognized issue. I sent a support request 2 weeks ago but no response so far. Any idea how long it will take? It seems like it will take twice as long for everyone if we all email DeliciousTerry to get it resolved.

stevesf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 18, 2008, 09:08 AM

Sigh. I finally got a reply to my support request from May 28, telling me I have to buy an upgrade to my version 1 license. Yeah duh, I was trying to but it doesn't work, that's what the support request said!

I replied back quoting this thread.

DeliciousTerry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 19, 2008, 05:26 PM

Ugh, sorry Steve. I've had a helper, and she's awesome and we're getting through everything faster, but she wasn't aware of this particular issue. If anyone thinks they're having this problem, mark your request "12000 club" when you email us. I'll search for you guys daily so you can get your licenses.

-Terry

stevesf
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2008, 09:46 AM

Yay!! I got my license! Thanks a million to Terry!

DeliciousTerry
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 20, 2008, 10:05 PM

Np, sorry for the wait. =/

-Terry

Forum Links
Forum Rules