Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iTunes live recording WAV H4 Zoom yields bad CD

iTunes live recording WAV H4 Zoom yields bad CD
timjan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2007, 06:26 PM

I recorded a nice cello concert in WAV on my new Zoom H4 field recorder. It plays GREAT in iTunes, but when I burn as CD the CD plays at half-speed and sounds HORRIBLE. Is WAV only readable on PC machines? Do I have to record in future on MP3 to work on my G5? Can I convert this WAV recording to MP3? I want to let the players hear the recording without making them sit at my computer!

WJMoore
Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2007, 08:29 AM

That's a bit strange, did you burn it as an audio CD? What are you playing it in?

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
May 31, 2007, 08:44 AM

What frequency is it recorded at? Macs can use Wavs without a problem, but you might want to test exporting it from iTunes as an MP3 to see if you get the same problem.

analogika
Posting Junkie
May 31, 2007, 08:45 AM

It sounds like you've recorded at a sampling rate of 88.2 or 96 kHz and it is somehow being burned to 44.1 kHz without actually being downsampled before.

Try setting iTunes' import preferences (iTunes --> Preferences --> Advanced --> Import) to "AIFF encoder".

Then click on the track, and go to "Advanced" menu --> Convert selection to AIFF. This should convert the track to 44.1 kHz, 16 bit - audio CD format.

Try burning the converted track and report back.

peeb
Addicted to MacNN
May 31, 2007, 08:46 AM

Yep - that's my thought - I meant sample rate, not frequency.

analogika
Posting Junkie
May 31, 2007, 09:04 AM

Well, the sampling rate is the sampling frequency, so you weren't really off-base.

Forum Links
Forum Rules