Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Adding simple AppleScript support to a Carbon application.

Adding simple AppleScript support to a Carbon application.
SYN
Senior User
Jan 11, 2004, 10:32 PM

I'm porting to Carbon a very simple scientific application, and this is my first programming project.

I've searches this site, the ADC and googled a lot, and haven't found what I was looking for, so perhaps some of you guys can help me out.

I'm trying to add AppleScript support to this application, written in Carbon, but the documentation I've found seems awfully obscure. I'd just like some sample code or beginner documentation on making your application interact with AppleScript. Specifically, I have an action that is invoked by a mouse clic right now, and I'd like to execute this action with an AppleScript.

Hope you guys can help, thanks.
Soyons R�alistes, Demandons l'impossible

Forum Links
Forum Rules