Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Canon BJC-85 Portable Printer

Canon BJC-85 Portable Printer
iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2000, 05:55 AM

I've been looking for a portable printer to accompany my Pismo 500 on-the-road, and the reviews looked best for the Canon BJC-85, so I bought one today.

The documention says that IrDA wireless printing can only be done with peecee's, but I've seen that said before, and then you CAN do it with a Mac. It works fine with the USB connection, but I'd like to do wireless printing - I can't figure out how. Without the USB cable attached, "chooser" doesn't allow selecting a connection (although in the Infrared Control Panel it "sees" the printer), and I can't get a connection with AppleTalk.

Anyone have any experience with IrDA printing with this portable?

Thanks!

iBorg
MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 15.4" Glossy, 160GB - and loving it!

dlerner
Aug 7, 2000, 01:59 PM

Generally you use the Desktop Printer Utility to create an icon for iRDA, USB and other odd printers, but that usually only works with Postscript printers as far as I have seen.l

denim
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2000, 05:26 PM

I tried to do this the day it appeared in the local Circuit City. No joy. We've got to get Canon to add this feature to their driver.
Is this a good place for an argument?
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Me

asxless
Mac Elite
Aug 10, 2000, 08:27 AM

Not exactly what you were looking for but...

I just installed PowerPrint 5.0 Parallel cable version on my 2400c and noticed that I could select IRDA as a connection method to the BJC-85. I tried it and it worked!

asxless

Forum Links
Forum Rules