Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Cinema Display Problems

Cinema Display Problems
Rzfan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2006, 09:22 AM

I know I posted this in the Power Mac forum, but I thought I woudl give it a shot here.

Ok, I had a friend a few months ago come and jack around mwith the settings on my cinema display (MacG5 Dual OSX). I thought I had gotten back to how I wanted it and then loaded a new SW program and realized it still was not right. So here is what I did. I read all I could in the manuals and could not find anything. Then I noticed when I disconnected from back of CPU and reconnected, it went back to the way it should be. However, when I have to reboot, it changes back to the messed up way. I cannot seem to find anything related to a default setting of any kind. I know this is vague, but any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Podolsky
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2006, 09:32 AM

Go to the Display pref panel and check the Color tab and be sure "Cinema HD" is selected. That is the default for the cinema display.

Rzfan  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 4, 2006, 06:42 PM

for whatever reason I do not have a cinema hd option. However, once I unplugged the monitor again and plugged back in it came up fine. HELP

Rzfan  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 7, 2006, 09:26 AM

Bump--help Please. Any Idea Appreciated

Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Aug 7, 2006, 10:04 AM

Try moving the file "com.apple.ColorSyncCalibrator.plist" from your own ~/Library/Preferences/ to the desktop and restart the machine?

Forum Links
Forum Rules