Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How Big is Your iTunes Library

How Big is Your iTunes Library
cutlassvillager
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 26, 2008, 09:28 PM

I don't know if this has already been started, but I thought it might be fun and maybe it'll catch on...or a new thread can start!

I'll start off!

Music: 4,756 song, 13.3 Days, 25.20 GB
Music Videos: 245 videos, 16.8 Hours, 7.75 GB
TV Shows: 275, 5.2 Days, 78.05 GB
Movies: 50 Movies, 3.7 Days, 61.86 GB

Maybe people would want to include audiobooks or games too?

I'm sure there's many impressive iTunes libraries out there...much more impressive than mine.
Let's see em!

JustinHorne
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 26, 2008, 10:34 PM

Music: 7895, 23 days, 49.99 GB
Tv Shows: 62 items, 12.2 hours, 3.72 GB (I set random videos to be included in this category too...) IE, not actually tv show videos.

Movies (including a few trailers): 53 items, 2.2 days, 27.88 GB

ghporter
Administrator
Jan 26, 2008, 11:41 PM

2906 items (all music), 7.9 days, 23.18GB (most of my ripped CDs are encoded at 320kbps in MP3 format so they take up some room).

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 26, 2008, 11:44 PM

950 Items
4.59GB

...essentially, not as much as most people, which is strange, because I'm in a band and I live for music. I suppose I need to get in gear with my music.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I realized that I've lost a bit of music over the years since iTunes came out between my older Macs and Windows. I would venture to guess at about another few gigs worth, but still nothing as impressive as you guys!
the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

cutlassvillager  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2008, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by harbinger75 View Post
950 Items
4.59GB

...essentially, not as much as most people, which is strange, because I'm in a band and I live for music. I suppose I need to get in gear with my music.

EDIT: After thinking about it, I realized that I've lost a bit of music over the years since iTunes came out between my older Macs and Windows. I would venture to guess at about another few gigs worth, but still nothing as impressive as you guys!
Or maybe it's just because you have pickier taste because of your music knowledge. Haha

chme6583
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2008, 12:15 AM

Music: 23,820 songs, 65.2 Days, 100.78 GB
Music Videos: 0
TV Shows: 1441 Items, 28.2 Days, 340.39 GB
Movies: 1295 Movies, 94.7 Days, 1781.66 GB (formated for AppleTV)
( Last edited by chme6583; Jan 27, 2008 at 12:22 AM. )

harbinger75
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2008, 12:44 AM

Or maybe it's just because you have pickier taste because of your music knowledge. Haha
Hehe, I suppose that is possible, but it's more likely because I always buy via iTunes and rarely pick up CD's anymore...so, lack of burnable $$$ might = less songs.

I really do like a wide variety of music, but you might be right. I've narrowed down what I actually sit down and listen to on a daily basis to that which is in the genre I like and actually play myself. The only music I can't stomach is country. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the musical capabilities of the artists, I just can't listen to it.

You'd think I'd have a lot more music than I do, but it's mostly one genre with a scant few others sprinkled in.
the geek source
Twitter: @thegeeksource

Forum Links
Forum Rules