Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Apple an mp3 company?

Apple an mp3 company?
Jacob
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 13, 2005, 09:20 PM

Well, it seems to me that Apple might as well be an mp3 player company. What has happened to their focus on computers? All I see on their website over the past couple months is just...iPod this, iPod that...mini, nano, video ipod, u2 ipod, photo ipod..their product lineup for the ipods have changed so drastically! Way too much, to be honest. What has happened to OS X? We get pitiful updates..and they aren't changing the things that need attention payed to. And as with Powerbook updates..well, that's never going to happen. We're getting new Powerbooks when? Next year around June? Bah. I am just a bit dissapointed in the updates...and Apples direction at the moment...seems a bit off track.
"I cluck, therefor I am."

mduell
Posting Junkie
Oct 13, 2005, 11:04 PM

Apple is reaping tons of profit from the music player and music sales biz, but computers are still the majority of Apples business.
From the articles on the rumors sites, it sounds like much of the computer hardware teams are working on Intel Macs, which is slowing/retarding the release schedule for PowerPC Macs.

GORDYmac
Mac Elite
Oct 14, 2005, 03:09 PM

I can understand with all of the iPod fanfare, you missed that Mac sales are up about 50%. This is after publicizing that the IBM/Freescale processors are deadlined. Who knows where sales will be in 2007. As an aside, have you been in an Apple Store?

It's working well in my opinion...it seems that everything is right on track.

Forum Links
Forum Rules