Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Dead Macbook?

Dead Macbook?
JustinHorne
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 4, 2007, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by QuadG5Man View Post
Are you certain the ram is seated well? That's all I can think of ...
95% chance tge ram isn't inserted all the way.
Go back, push it harder. HARD.

whoathere
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2007, 07:17 PM

OK, well I tried to upgrade the RAM in a friends macbook. It's a 1.83 CD with a superdrive, had 512mb, and I tried to upgrade to 1GB, which was the stock RAM from a C2D black Macbook. This is the 3rd Macbook I've upgraded the RAM in, and I did it just as I have the others. Except on this one, when I put in the 1GB and turned it on, the disk would start and the drive would check for a disc, and the screen would flash, and the white indicator light would flash repeatedly. So I tried the shut down and restart, reset the PMU and the PRAM and got nothing. So I put the stock RAM back in, and now it does the same thing, only the indicator light stays solid, and doesn't flash or anything. Anybody got any ideas??

QuadG5Man
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 4, 2007, 07:36 PM

Are you certain the ram is seated well? That's all I can think of ...
2002 Mac Mini i5 8GB 256GB SSD
2013 Macbook Air 4GB/128GB
iPad Mini A7 32GB

whoathere
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 5, 2007, 12:34 AM

Well, I took it out again, and pushed it back in, this time pretty hard. It went in further, and kind of "sunk" in. Turned the Macbook on, same problem. Took out the 1GB and put back in the stock 512mb, and pushed it in til it "sunk" again, and she booted up. I'm going to test the RAM on another machine tomorrow to see if thats the problem.

Forum Links
Forum Rules