Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Tricky question regarding iTunes...

Tricky question regarding iTunes...
JustinHorne
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 8, 2007, 10:50 PM

Ok, so, here goes:

I keep my ITunes library on my 120 GB MB drive, just so that I have my music with me at all times. I have a 160 gb iPod Classic on the way, so I'm converting my DVDs in Handbrake to put on the iPod. I know how to do the "Manually manag music" thing in iTunes, but not with video (I have an iPod Photo.)

Basicly, I want to keep my music on the macbook, but sync the movies to my iPod, and then not have to store them on my Macbook as well.

HOWEVER...

I wouldn't mind keeping them on my external harddrive, it's plenty big. Is there anyway to somehow split the library? If not, is there any way to sync them to the oPd, and then delete them from the compy?

analogika
Posting Junkie
Sep 9, 2007, 04:21 AM

You can keep any old stuff any old place you please, as long as you tell iTunes NOT to copy added material into the iTunes library.

JustinHorne  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 9, 2007, 04:24 PM

Wow, that was a very easy answer to what I thought was a very hard question. Thanks much!

Forum Links
Forum Rules