Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > OS X Install problem - Freezing

OS X Install problem - Freezing
dwalls32
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 4, 2003, 05:11 PM

I was hoping someone could help point me in the proper direction with this problem. I am trying to install OS X 10.2 on my B&W G3, 300mhz 160 megs 6gig drive w/ ati rage 128 agp card. Basically, the install goes fine with no problems. When the machine reboots, it gets to the grey screen with the apple, and then horizontal lines appear. Total freeze. I reset and command+s and see this:

Extension "com.apple.kernel.iokit" cannot be found.
FetDependencyListForKmod(): Dependency com.apple.kernel.iokit of com.apple.driver.AppleGossamerPE is not compatible or is unavailable.

The white garbage lines present on the grey screen are present here as well, obscuring some more information. It ends with..

Panic. We are hanging here...

At this point, it is still frozen and I have to reset or pull the power.

I have tried verifying and repairing the disk from the OSX cd. I have tried removing all devices and non-apple ram. I have also tried rebooting with no keyboard since it has an onboard usb hub. I also made sure to upagrade the firmware with the one on apple's site, as well as the ATI upgrade.

Any suggestions as to what my next troubleshooting step should be?
Thanks!

Forum Links
Forum Rules