Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > HTML Printing Options?

HTML Printing Options?
SSebeny
Sep 18, 2003, 02:06 PM

Hello,

Back under OS 9 one of the web browsers had options when printing webpages. The options would allow me to force it to print an entire image or table on one page, rather than splitting it half on one page and half on another.

I desperately need this functionality now. And I have tried ALL of the web browsers for Mac OS X, but none of them seem to have this functionality. They all split images and tables onto multiple pages when they near the bottom of a page.

Is there anyway to easily avoid this and get the behavior I want? I need to print a few 500 page documents with lots of images and tables that I am require to have appear on one page.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Sep 19, 2003, 09:33 AM

Which OS 9 browser had the option?

SSebeny  (op)
Sep 19, 2003, 06:59 PM

I called my father and had him check using his machine which still has OS 8.6. Apparently the behavior I describe is the default behavior of both Netscape 4.x and MSIE 5.x on his machine. Yet I have tried Netscape, Mozillia, Chimera, iCab, MSIE, Opera, OmniWeb, and Safari on OS X and none of them have the printing behavior I need.

Forum Links
Forum Rules